More than just a CD/DVD/Blu-ray burning application, Toast Titanium for Mac includes functions like online media capture, media format conversion, and the ability to directly share your videos on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Vimeo. It's a powerful, albeit expensive, application.
Snappy operation: Toast Titanium for Mac proves to be speedy. You can hop from one tab (the interface is divided into Tutorials, Data, Audio, Video, Copy, and Convert tabs) quickly and use the different functions without delay.
Built-in tutorials: If you don't find the interface easy enough to learn, you'll be glad to know that the app comes with integrated video tutorials, which show you how to do file conversions, data backup, video sharing, video editing, and other related tasks.
In-app updates: Updates are handled in the same way an antivirus software updates its database, which means you don't have to download a humongous new installer.
More than what your Mac offers: Somehow, getting Toast Titanium for $99.99, or significantly less for those who upgrade from a previous version, is justified because this application offers a good number of features not available on a Mac, including the sharing of videos online, VideoBoost for faster H.264 codec conversion, and support for multiple disc burners.
ConsLarge installer: If you plan to get this application online, be sure that you have a fast connection -- the installer is a whopping 380.96MB file.
Toast Titanium for Mac looks like one of the most feature-rich CD/DVD/Blu-ray writing applications available. While it's quite expensive, it provides a good amount of new features that are not natively built into Mac OS X. It is also relatively easy to use, even without referring to the integrated tutorials.
The ultimate media toolkit for your Mac, redesigned
- Capture audio & video from the web, camcorders, DVDs, and LPs
- Copy discs with one click, create custom DVD and HD compilations
- Convert your media for playback on iPad, iPhone and more
- Share your video directly to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Twitter
- Burn CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs - even faster with multiple drives
What's new in this version:
- Add OS X Mavericks (10.9) compatibility
- Resolved issue where copying image file cause Toast to crash
- Resolved issue where converting image file cause Toast to crash
- Resolved Get Backup 2 RE compatibility issue with Mavericks
- Updated GraceNote with the latest SDK to support Mavericks
- Resolved YouTube video sharing broken issue