CNET Editors' review
TimeLeft is a big improvement on the Windows system clock, but it's more than that; it includes a countdown, stopwatch, alarm clock, timer, and time synchronizer. It comes in several versions, including a Free edition that leaves out some features and limits users to one of each feature at a time, and a Deluxe version that has lifetime support and upgrades and unlimited features. But the Deluxe version is free to try for 30 days, which is plenty of time to see if this timekeeper is a keeper. We tried TimeLeft Deluxe in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. We think anyone who tries TimeLeft and uses it every day (or nearly so) will value the Deluxe version's advantages.
Setting up TimeLeft involves choosing a few options. For instance, the program can replace the built-in Windows Tray Clock, but only in 32-bit Windows editions. We declined the Auction Watch browser add-on, which works with an optional feature that can keep track of your online auctions with help from a wizard that also packs a cool tool for exporting countdowns to Web sites. Some of TimeLeft's add-ons, such as the skins pack, cost extra; that's OK, because some users don't want to pay for extras (like skins) that they don't want or need and won't use, and choice is good. Speaking of choices, TimeLeft has plenty of them, starting with the New Year Countdown and Clock windows it displayed when the installer finished. These are compact, but can be resized; colorful, but can be reskinned; and legible, but can be configured to display any time or date format, number sequence, layout, and action you like. Clicking the program's System Tray icon opens the Main Window, an efficient utility for configuring TimeLeft's features. Right-clicking the tray icon opens TimeLeft's main menu, which accesses its primary features: My Reminders, My Countdowns, My Clocks, My Stopwatches, My Timers, and My Stickers. Right-clicking any clock or display accesses its own menu with options like Edit Countdown and Zoom.
What else? Customizable sounds, personal reminders, sticky notes (the Sticker feature) and still more. If it's about time, TimeLeft Deluxe has it covered.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of TimeLeft 3.59.
TimeLeft is a clock (also Windows tray clock replacement), countdown, Web countdown, work days and work hours countdown, reminder (including Moon phase reminder), alarm clock, stopwatch, timer, desktop sticker, eBay auction watch, and time synchronization utility. TimeLeft uses Winamp skins to show digits and text. Reminder offers virtually endless customization options, it can alert you at a specific moment or run periodically, and remind you before a specified event or keep on reminding you after it. The reminder can show message, play music, open a link or document, or shut down your PC.
What's new in this version: Version 3.62 updates eBay auction watch, fixes tray clock error in Windows x64.
More Products to Consider
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Set up lightweight countdown timer and clock.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Get a countdown timer, countup timer, stop watch, reminder and ...
- Set timers, reminders, and alarms right on your desktop.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Track numerous tasks and events.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Keep track of the time enjoying smooth transition from one colo...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Measure your time via fullscreen timer and stopwatch software.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Create your own timers, alarms, and stopwatches.
- Display a clock with a stopwatch and timer function.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Turn your PC into a powerful and highly customizable alarm cloc...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Keep a stopwatch, alarm clock, count down timer, and note remin...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 156 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"It is working fine for me on Win 7, 64 bit OS."
Version: TimeLeft 3.62
I have one timer set up and plan to use several more. It grabs my attention and reminds me that I am still putting off work on an important project that has less than 8 weeks to go.
It is getting harder and harder to get just one item downloaded from CNET. The individual pages are often confusing and sometimes downright misleading. Be sure to evaluate the questions associated with what you are asking to download and be careful about answering YES or AGREE to every question. Sometimes you have to go to advanced settings and turn off additional installs. Just use due diligence to protect your system.
While download pages are frequently misleading, with multiple DOWNLOAD buttons associated with all kinds of software that is often NOT what you asked for, I still view CNET as one of the more reputable download sites. If you say you don't want an inclusion application, toolbar, etc., they don't send it. Using CNET off and on for over 5 years, I have not received any viruses or malware through CNET. That is quality service for a site that runs on advertising revenue.
"I really like it."
Version: TimeLeft 3.62
it is the perfect app for all those eager computer font collectors who have more than font files than they can manage.
Not compatible with all Windows version.
Version: TimeLeft 3.62
NONE - I never used the program. I was frantically trying to limit the malware damage to my system. I am still not sure I got it all.
I downloaded this program and alot of other things came along for the ride. It took me over an hour to figure out how to uninstall the Strong Vault malware program and an annoying tool bar. The control panel uninstall would not work unless I downloaded more software. My homepage kept getting reset and there was a toolbar that I could not delete either. I had to go deep into my c: files to root these things out and then use the microsoft fixit (this took several tries and intermediate steps to accomplish).
I would not download this program unless you enjoy computer headaches and wasted time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content