From TightVNC Software:
TightVNC is a remote control package derived from VNC, with many new features, improvements, and bugfixes over the standard VNC version. It works well with slow network links such as modem connections, provides more configuration options in the server, and includes improved Java viewer. The modified servers and viewers are fully compatible with the original VNC software.
What's new in this version: Version 2.7.10 includes bugfixes, improved file transfer UI, and extended key combination support in the full-screen mode.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Get remote access to graphical desktops via slow network connec...
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Get remote access to graphical desktops even in a slow network ...
- Allow you to connect to and control your devices.
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- View and search for entries inside LDAP directories.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Capture and analyze the traffic and protocols running on a comp...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Good Product for Free"
Version: TightVNC (64 bit) 2.7.7
Easy to set up and use. I used the download from the TightVNC web site ( so no bloatware and followed the installation instructions from the documentation.
Some lag between the viewer and the server, but that may be on my limited knowledge. Tolerable for now. So I don't really consider it a con against the program.
I've been using TightVNC on three laptops and a desktop. Only one is still running Vista. I like the idea that I don't have to run into the other rooms to deal with tech issues.
"free vnc server and viewer"
Version: TightVNC (64 bit) 2.7.3
free and isn't affected by the fact that we have Mac OS and Linux machines connecting to a Windows machine; has 32-bit and 64-bit versions; also has web/java included in server (e.g. use your web browser and go to http://machine-server-installed-on.whatever.com:5800)
CNET installer is full of bloatware (but at least behaves on uninstall); the actual vnc installer is bloatware free (so con against CNET), and the software runs well (with tiny amounts of jitter, but VNC is not the best protocol to begin with)
This is an excellent and free VNC viewer and server; just be sure to grab your correct bit (i.e. TightVNC comes in 32-bit and 64-bit, so use the "direct download link" link under the big green CNET download button); also note: if you are using Mac Screen Sharing to connect to the server, you'll have to turn on the password for vnc viewer (recommended anyway); however, I was never successful in getting screen sharing to work, just used the web/java.
"Great product, easy to use"
Version: TightVNC (64 bit) 2.6.4
Easy to use and easy to log in from PC to Mac.
1. GUI could use some upgrades.
2. Hidden add-on/bloatware was downloaded when embedded in the download from the TightVNC website. Was a browser add-on. Had to uninstall it from the PC.
Works well. Easy to use. Able to view Mac from PC and control it.Installed on Windows 7 64 bit.
GUI could use some finessing.
Hidden add-on/bloatware was in with the download. Had to uninstall the bloatware.
3 stars because, I understand it is free and they need to make their money by using ads and such, BUT please disclose this in the download and give the option to opt out.
Updated on Mar 21, 2013
"Exactly what I was looking for"
Version: TightVNC (64 bit) 2.6.4
Can install as client only if you don't need server.
PC connects to Mac without installing any Mac SW.
No cloud account or external login needed.
Easy local LAN setup.
Hard to find in CNET Downloads... I found a reference to this software in a blog! These guys deserve to be discovered.
For my purpose - connecting my PC to a Mac mini music server that sits in my audio system with no screen or keyboard - TightVNC is exactly what I was looking for. Shame it wasn't easy to find on CNET.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content