CNET Editors' review
TeamViewer is a free tool that makes it incredibly easy to set and use a VPN connection; a Virtual Private Network that lets you take complete control of another PC from your own computer, whether they're separated by a soda can or a continent (and as long as both machines are running TeamViewer). It enables two-way connections in which users can flip control back and forth. TeamViewer also lets you hold virtual meetings with multiple participants (again, they all must have TeamViewer installed). With a name like TeamViewer, you'd expect it to be an enterprise-ready tool, and you'd be right: TeamViewer's robust simplicity is what happens when multiple users of vastly different skills need to use software. After a while, the bugs get squashed pretty firmly. But TeamViewer is free to non-commercial users. That means you can use it to access your work and home PCs remotely, of course. But you can also install it on your mom's PC (for example) and provide tech support from home.
We installed and opened TeamViewer on two Windows 7 PCs; one a 64-bit desktop, the other a 32-bit netbook. TeamViewer provides a user name and password for each machine. You simply need to enter each machine's numbers in the other to create a connection. The host PC's screen displays the remote PC's desktop in a window, and the host machine's mouse and keyboard control the remote PC's counterparts. We could open folders, files, and programs; run processes; and change settings: anything we could do with the remote machine's own controls, we could do from our main PC's controls, too, with TeamViewer. We tried the Meeting tool, too, but since we had TeamViewer installed on just two PCs, our pool of invitees was a bit small. TeamViewer offers some useful options; for instance, you can limit it to file transfers if you don't need total control.
TeamViewer is simply the easiest tool of its type we've used, and a far cry from the VPN apps of not so long ago. And it can cut down on the phone tag when friends and family need tech support!TeamViewer - Control computers remotely - Download Video Previews:
TeamViewer is a solution for remote control, desktop sharing, and file transfer that works behind any firewall and NAT proxy. To connect to another computer just run TeamViewer on both machines without the need of an installation procedure. With the first start automatic partner IDs are generated on both computers. Enter your partner's ID into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately.
What's new in this version:
- Improved multi monitor support
- Improved tab design
- Other minor improvements and fixes
More Products to Consider
- Share your desktop with another person via the Web.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Control computers on your network as if you were there.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Take full control over RAR and ZIP archives, along with unpacki...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Upload and download files to your FTP resource.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 832 votes
Current version:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Works like a charm!"
Version: TeamViewer 9.0.27614
Three quick clicks and I'm into a computer that's 125 miles away.
TeamViewer is deceptively easy to use, but I don't really think that's a bad thing. Everything about it is plus +++....++++
My 90 yr old Mother has mild dementia. I use TeamViewer to connect to her laptop and help her with reading and writing e-mail. I help her find movies to watch on Netflix and clips from YouTube which are all things she simply can't do for herself anymore. It's almost like TeamViewer was custom made for me. Fantastic program. For people who are away from their main computer a lot this would be like having a free assistant on call 24/7. Absolutely fantastic program!
"Great Program Thanks TeamViewer"
Version: TeamViewer 9.0.27614
Works as advertised and connects me from my Laptop to my PC so I don't have to be anywhere I don't want to be. Helps me find files I need on my major PC and access them seamlessly.
I use the Web Based version in my Laptop and it works really well!
Have had an occasion where I could not Login for 4 hours and finally gave up but the next morning all was well again!
Version: TeamViewer 9.0.27614
Exactly what you need to perform this task.Simple programme.. Honestly
Can't find any. :-( Seriously.
Must have. One of the two programs I use daily, the other one is ********. , Don't take my word. See for yourself...