CNET Editors' review
Sometimes creating a LaTeX file can be a frustrating experience not only for beginners but even for the advanced user. Thanks to its many useful features and one-window design with a straightforward interface, TeXnicle for Mac can ease the process. It adds a bit more flexibility to the document design and layout and can help you organize and edit multiple files.
This free program requires no installation and is usable as soon as it's downloaded. It's stable, smooth, and doesn't crash. The interface of TeXnicle for Mac is divided into three sections. The left section offers an outline view, the middle section contains the editor, and the right section displays the PDF viewer. The program's default syntax highlighting seems a bit ethereal but you can change the default colors and customize the syntax highlighting to your own preferences. Adding the files to the project is very easy, as you just have to drag and drop the file from the Finder or use the context menu. There is a built-in code library where code snippets are stored and can easily be dragged into your current document, which is quite useful. All available features perform very well, and they are easy to find and help you manage your projects. Additionally, the developer offers a user manual on their official Web site to help you find your way easier if you're a beginner.
If you have many LaTeX projects that include several files, then TeXnicle for Mac may be a good option to start with. With its one-window design and user-friendly interface this program delivers what it promises.
TeXnicle is a LaTeX editor and project organiser for Mac OS X with a feature-rich interface to help you manage your LaTeX projects.
What's new in this version:
- User defined environments (defined with \newenvironment) now appear in the environment completion list.
- Added the option (under General in preferences) to switch the meaning of cmd-w and cmd-shift-w for the tabbed project editor.
- The editor jump bar now shows user-defined sections and properly reflects the colors of the current theme.
- Bug fix: under some circumstances, selecting a file in a project tree for renaming would result in renaming the wrong file.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Google Maps desktop client for Mac.
- Classic typing instruction software.
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- Convert ePub to kindle, kindle to pdf, epub to azw, epub to pdf...
- Text and code editor based on Emacs.
- Build, display, manipulate crystal and molecular structures.
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- Integrated environment for writing LaTeX documents.
- Simulate and experiment with some of the more commonly-used pro...
- Create and typeset LaTeX documents.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Scientific plotting package.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Calculate the usual transcendental functions, including the gam...
- LyX GUI front-end to LaTeX.
- Create Windows-friendly ZIP archives.
- Vector cartography drawing app for drawing scaled plans & custo...
- 2D and 3D graphing and data visualization.
- Changes file name/type with auto file mapping.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content