A complete U.S. Federal 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ income tax software with almost every federal and many state tax forms. You can prepare your entire U.S. tax return for free. There is no charge to prepare or print your tax return. There is a charge if you want to E-file your federal or state tax return and get direct deposit of your refund. Requires Microsoft .NET J# 2.0.
What's new in this version: Version 2009 includes new IRS tax forms and state forms.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Prepare the pages of federal form 1120, Corporation Income Tax ...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Prepare your tax return online and print or e-file it.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Fill in and calculate IRS Form 1065, Partnership income tax ret...
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Calculate payroll taxes, prepare payroll, and print payroll che...
- Import data, match trades, generate schedule D in XLS and TXF f...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Calculate Malaysia individual income tax.
- Write payroll software with tax calculating functions.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Allocate income, deductions, and credits to up to 2 shareholder...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Compute federal and book depreciation for tax reporting.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Meet your business needs with tax depreciation, management repo...
- Print files and forms from your HTML and ASP pages.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Not for the first timer"
Version: Taxsoftware.com 2007
Cost - it was by the far cheapest I had seen for filing a form 990 EZ (tax exempt).
Online - It was nice that the software was all online.
Secure - My data was stored right on my own PC, when returning, it was able to get my old info and bring it up.
Not user friendly, not for the first time user, no line by line help for each entry, no error review before efiling, vague error results when rejected by IRS, archaic look and feel, not matched to actual form.
Basically, I am unimpressed with the overall experience I had when using this product and I will not use it again. I have used other tax software that is much better at helping the do it your-selfer and I seriously considered using a tax pro to finish my return.
Only after spending several hours on the phone with the IRS and about a dozen emails to the products support staff, was I able to determine I needed a different form. No Refund was offered, but they were willing to let me change forms...to one I did not need.
In my opinion, this software should be used by someone who can sit down at the paper form and whip through it because they know what all the line entries are really asking for. If you have a complex return, or are not very proficient at the tax law, maybe you have to file a new form for the first time, then do yourself a favor and use a different product.
"Solid Product and Fast"
Version: Taxsoftware.com 2007
I have used the product for at least 3 years and can say that Taxsoftware.com beats the other products hands down; especially in terms of price. There is no software to load, its all on-line. The interface is not fancy, but it is very fast and efficient. The biggest pro is that there are NO SOFTWARE updates! Any change to tax rates, rebates, calculations etc.. get updated on their servers and are reflected once you log into your account. I didn't give this a five star because customer service is mostly through email.
- Customer service is very responsive via email; however, if you call them, then, you are on your own. (I do think they have a phone support plan that costs extra).
"reasonably priced and fast"
Version: Taxsoftware.com 2005
I was actually surprised to see this software on download.com since you can go directly to their site (taxsoftware.com) and just do your taxes there. Its the exact same thing! anyway....
What I like the most is that it is reasonably priced. I used these guys last year, and everything worked out. The navigation is a little different, but once you get the hang of it you can really fly through the forms, really nice if you have a lot of schedules and statements. What I like the most is that the site is SECURE! They store all of the files on YOUR computer and not some centralized database that these kids can hack into. Anyway I think that its a pretty good product.
Very little phone support!! but to be fair, they responded to every single email. Sometimes it took an hour or so, but in a couple cases they responded within a few minutes. YMMV...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: