Synchronize! Pro is a professional-strength file server mirroring, synchronization and backup utility, now accelerated (native) on Power Macs! Asa way of introducing you to Synchronize! Pro, you may use its basic file synchronization and backup features FREE. Just downloadSynchronize! Pro 4.2 and try it out, or if you've already purchased Synchronize! Pro, use this as an updater.As a way of introducing you to Synchronize! Pro, you may use its basic file synchronization and backup features FREE for folders containing 10MBytes or less. Download this self-extracting archive and try it out. The many advanced features of the program may be demonstrated withfolders which contain less than 1000K. Unlimited use of all features requires the purchase of the program, which is $99.95, plus shipping. For example, you can use Synchronize! Pro to mirror a file server to a second file server, or locally-connected hard disk, including user andgroup privileges for each folder. The second file server becomes a network-accessible "hot backup", in case your main file server fails.Synchronize! Pro actions can be scheduled to be performed at night or at any preset time, once or periodically, without anyone present.Passwords are automatically supplied.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a problem which may cause the "Sync deleted files" option to be disabled when re-opening a saved document. Any passwords will need to be re-entered.
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SMS, Fax, and...
- Copy to, move to, or open a recently used mailbox.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Add functionality for Apple Mail signatures.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Remind yourself to include e-mail attachments if you forget.
- Generate short links for Twitter by dragging media to your menu...
- Instant messaging tool.
- Localized version.
- Collapse Apple Mail into compact windows that don't take away y...
- Control camera settings from iChat, Skype and other apps.
- Web & FTP server supporting CGI, Perl & PHP.
- Extract valid e-mail addresses from virtually any kind of text ...
- Backup your data.
- Encrypt & sign emails with GPG in Thunderbird and SeaMonkey.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of
"Does not work as advertised"
Version: Synchronize Pro 4.3.1
The best thing about Qdea is Hugh Songtag the owner of Qdea will insult you if you call him on the tech support line. It is quite funny to hear such an angry man insult you unprovoked. This is good fun for a laugh if you are really bored. Think of the adventures of Peter and Raymond "Shut up Little Man!"
The software does not make a bootable image as advertised. The owner and sole tech support person Hugh will tell you that it is your own back luck that the software will not work. Hugh is not interested in helping customers in anyway. I explained that we were using a USB drive as a back up target. Hugh explained that the only reason it did not work was that the software required a Firewire drive. Sorry to say the Firewire made no difference. I work for a school system and Hugh is more than happy to rip off kids. It almost seems like Hugh never tested his software on an Xserve Thanks Hugh!
If you purchase this software be prepared to get no tech support. This software will not make a bootable copy of your server. Please do yourself a favor and do not purchase this software.
"Works smoothly to backup an Airport disk"
Version: Synchronize Pro 4.3.1
Mounts and backs up an Airport disk flawlessly. I did not find another program capable of doing this.
Can't wake up the computer to run scheduled backups. Only runs when you are logged in and the computer is awake.
I wanted to automatically backup an Airport disk to a drive in my Mac Pro. Carbon Copy Cloner cannot do it, so I tried You Synchronize, LaCie's SilverKeeper, Apple's MobileMe Backup, and Get Backup. All of these programs suffered fatal errors and caused my Airport to become so inaccessible, that I had to pull the power plug to restart it. Qdea.com's Synchronize! Pro 4.3.1 did the backup smoothly and relatively quickly. The scheduling function is also the most flexible and worked flawlessly. You can also save a log file with the names of all copied files (This is particularly useful after the first backup of all files, in order to verify that new files have been copied and to check for any errors.) The program can also save the Airport disk password and automatically mount it in case it is not mounted. This is truly a Pro level program with lots of customization options. It costs some money, but there is a less expensive version, "Synchronize! X Plus", which has fewer features, but probably works just as well. (I have not tested it.)A full featured demo version can be downloaded and used for 7 days in order to test your particular setup.
Updated on Oct 3, 2010
Updated on Oct 3, 2010BTW, the demo version says it is version 6.1.3. The only restriction seems to be the time limit on the serial number which is e-mailed to you. I used the program to sync two folders with more than 50 GB of data.