CNET Editors' review
Super Screen Capture provides multiple options for making copies of onscreen images, but outdoes itself with its added abilities.
The interface was intuitive; we only consulted the Help file's instructions once to learn how to properly save images. We loved how the program's five tools for making screen captures were laid out on a small toolbar that stayed at the top of our desktop. We simply clicked on an option and the capture happened almost instantly with the Full screen and Window. The Shape, Polygon, and Scroll options meant we needed to click and drag our mouse to get the proper shape, though we couldn't think of one instance where the polygon tool's free-form drawing would come in handy. The biggest obstacle was discovering that the program saved images in its own folder instead of asking us where they should go, which was the only inconvenience of the process. Two things that saved properly were the program's excellent features for capturing sound and video. Both operated like a VCR or cassette player, where we simply hit record to capture the sounds or images onscreen. This entire program never failed to offer something we enjoyed from the photos to the sound, though we didn't appreciate its troublesome saving.
Super Screen Capture has a seven-day and 2-minute recording trial limit. While the way it saved was inconvenient, the rest of the program was good enough that we recommend it.
Super Screen Capture is a screen capture, screen record and audio record software. You can capture screen to image, recording screen to video, record audio from microphone. You can edit captured images and saved to jpg/png/bmp file. Add text annotation, arrows, shapes to create professional screenshots for include online tutorials, presentations, documents or manuals. You can use the screen record function to recording screen activities to a video file. You can record video from your pc screen, and add a short voiceover to create a professional training videos, demo videos or presentation videos.
What's new in this version: Fix some bug and add some functions.
More Products to Consider
- Record screen to AVI, capture from full screen, window, region,...
- Record screen activity in real time.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Record your screen activities into AVI videos.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Capture real-time video, sound, and image from video devices.
- Capture or record your computer screen, audio, or Webcam video.
- Record screen activities and save them as AVI or Macromedia fla...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Record your desktop activities and speech from microphone real ...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Save Webcam broadcasts, screenshots from games to video files.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Capture and record your screen to create video tutorials and sc...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Record screen sequences and broadcast them as compressed Window...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Record screen activities and sounds into AVI video file.
- Record full screen or any area of the desktop screen with mouse...
- Create training videos, presentations, and software demonstrati...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-6 of 6
"Crashes Visual Studio and more"
Version: Super Screen Capture 4.0
Crashes Visual Studio doing resize or repositioning window. Nuff said. Probably anything doing RegisterHotKey or keyboard hooks.
"Avoid! Unable to uninstall"
Version: Super Screen Capture 4.0
None as didn't use due to too many restrictions on free version.
Once downloaded I was made aware that images will have watermarks unless paid for version is bought. CANNOT uninstall even after using 3 different programs.
"Best Image Capture Software Around"
Version: Super Screen Capture 4
I have not had the chance to work totally with it, but I am able to capture screens, and other images online without filling my hard drive any further. I am tempted to clear my cache of images (30 GB at last count) and re-do the collection with this software.
Version: Super Screen Capture 3.3
friendly interface and easy to use. this might lag on most computers i have 3.2 ghz and 1gb ram it runs fine on mine but laged only once. should be fine on 2 ghz
when you record it brings up a green square on the screen you drag that to what position you want to record it at. if it's a video then it's harder to see in the beginning then the rest is fine. i'd recommed ZD soft but that has it's own nagative affects for some users.
"For motion - best of 4 I have tried"
Version: Super Screen Capture 3.2
I have been looking for a screen capture program to record full screen ipix virtual tours. All other programs (including the ones downloaded here the most) had problems recording. Most resulted in far less than smooth video and another resulted in video 5-10x faster than what I recorded even when setting were adjusted.
This one was just right. The video was smooth and it played back at exactly the speed it was recorded.
"Absolutely cool !"
Version: Super Screen Capture 2.5
I like how easy it is 2 use this program. The quality is great ! AND IT EVEN RECORDS THE AUDIO ! *THUMBS UP* It's worth it's price !!
The video size is abit heavy ! Just recorded 10 seconds and it was already 30MB (using the Cinepack Codec). I think u just need 2 use another codec and everything is fine ;-)
And 1 more thing: U need 2 pay 4 it ! :-(
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: