CNET Editors' review
Do you prefer a light, easily-customized Web browser? Compact with a highly usable interface, Sunrise for Mac is designed for easy and reliable open-source Web browsing similar to that of Safari and Opera.
Within fewer than five clicks Sunrise for Mac is fully installed and ready for all of your Web browsing needs. The layout of this Web browser is highly user-friendly and very easy to use. Icon, list, and grid bookmark options sit on the top right, along with shortcut buttons at the top of the browser that include a screen snapshot function, bug form reporter, and an agent selector for optimal use of more than one browser at a time. The URL content space is on the left of the screen (center, if bookmarks are opted off), and a simply rendered URL and dual search bar is oriented at the top of the screen. The browser is smart and remembers the pages you were last on before closing. Downloads and pop-ups are easily managed, too. Like Safari and Chrome, it offers tabbed browsing.
Sunrise for Mac offers an ideal open-source solution for browsing the Web. It is suitable for coders and Web designers who need to manage their Web pages and review page coding at the same time--and on the same screen if need be. If you are looking for a fresh, easily-navigable browser, this one is worth a try.
From Atsushi Jike:
Light & fast. The open-source browser for web developer.
- Auto Resizable Window
- TransParent Window
- Draw URL
- URL Field is Web Search field
- URL Copy
- Page Shot
- make HTML
- URL specified Downloader
What's new in this version:
- Added Russian resources (Thanks, Vasiliy Makarov)
- Fixed the crash case that occurs when selecting a local file.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Cocoa web browser.
- Alternative, minimalist web browser.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout.
- Block time wasting sites while you are working.
- Full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services ...
- Full-featured native web browser.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Finds coupons for online shoppers during checkout automatically...
- Check website links.
- Parentally controlled Web filter app.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 15 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Quick and light weight, but has its limits..."
Version: Sunrise 2.2.1
Attractive, streamlined and quick with a unique bookmarking feature that displays a thumb of the page. Bookmarks can be color labeled for categorization.
• Can be crash-prone (usually during some critical activity)
• Tabs are not sandboxed, so a crash in one tab brings the whole browser down
• Limited print options (e.g., can't print header/footers)
• Infrequent updates (broken auto-update mechanism)
• Accumulates a lot of pageholder files (gifs and pngs) which display in the downloads section of the sidebar - but these must be deleted from that section one x one.
Good to use for general surfing, but you'll probably want something more robust for online banking, as well as more process-intensive web activities.I find Sunrise crashing more and more, and am liking it less and less...
Updated on Sep 17, 2013
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content