From Dragan MiliÃ?â?¡:
Springy is a simple to use, yet powerful archiving and compression utility for Mac OS X. Springy integrates seamlessly with the Finder and includes some very useful features. All archiving tasks can be done via Drag and Drop, system Services Menu or through Springy's Finder contextual menu.
Springy features at a glance:
- Open and browse the contents of an archive or disk image without extracting any file from it.
- Quickly extract all files or only files of choice from an archive or disk image.
- Quickly extract the whole archive or disk image by double-clicking its file in a Finder.
- Modify the contents of an existing archive or disk image: add, overwrite, delete and rename files in an archive or disk image.
- Full Drag & Drop support for archiving and extracting from and into Finder.
- Archiving and extracting tasks may be accomplished quickly and efficiently using system Services Menu in Snow Leopard or Finder contextual menu in Leopard and earlier.
- Edit and modify any file in an archive or disk image by double click.
- Live preview of many types of files inside archive, without extracting.
- Browsing files in archives and disk images and extracting particular file or folder using hierarchical Finder contextual menu.
Springy supports all most widely used archiving and compression formats: ZIP, TAR, RAR, 7Z, PAX, CPIO, CPGZ, GZIP, BZIP2, UNIX Compress, SIT, JAR, DMG and ISO disk images and some more. Support for even more formats will come in future releases.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes a bug in version 1.6 which could corrupt a ZIP archive after modifying it and quitting application.
- Open, read and extract support for 7Z archives (support for creating/modifying of 7Z archives will come soon).
- Open, read and extract support for Microsoft CAB archives.
- Springy is a Services Provider application, with Services Menu actions in Snow Leopard replacing Finder contextual menu plug-in (CM plug-in is still available in Leopard and earlier). See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Data recovery software.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- File synchronization utility.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Watch process info; monitor/prioritize CPU for processes.
- Screen capture utility.
- Download web sites for offline browsing, searching and archivin...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Uninstall apps easily.
- Get info tool with batch mode & contextual menu.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Fun and easy media cataloging.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Rename, copy, move files and folders with a single drag-&-drop ...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"RAR creation not supported, otherwise nice product"
Version: Springy 1.6.1
Nice GUI, unarchives a wide variety of formats.
Will not create RAR archives, despite the product description indicating RAR is supported. Built-in help confirms creation of RAR archives is not supported. This was the primary purpose I downloaded the product for.
Seems like a nicely produced product for the few archive types it can create, but needs to support creation of RAR archives.
"The Best RAR & WinZip archiving Ever For The Mac"
Version: Springy 1.6.1
Its simple to use and also its a powerful took
The only thing i dont like about this product is that in order to use this program you need to restart your mac
BEST PROGRAM EVER