Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
Springy features at a glance:
- Open and browse the contents of an archive or disk image without extracting any file from it.
- Quickly extract all files or only files of choice from an archive or disk image.
- Quickly extract the whole archive or disk image by double-clicking its file in a Finder.
- Modify the contents of an existing archive or disk image: add, overwrite, delete and rename files in an archive or disk image.
- Full Drag & Drop support for archiving and extracting from and into Finder.
- Archiving and extracting tasks may be accomplished quickly and efficiently using system Services Menu in Snow Leopard or Finder contextual menu in Leopard and earlier.
- Edit and modify any file in an archive or disk image by double click.
- Live preview of many types of files inside archive, without extracting.
- Browsing files in archives and disk images and extracting particular file or folder using hierarchical Finder contextual menu.
Springy supports all most widely used archiving and compression formats: ZIP, TAR, RAR, 7Z, PAX, CPIO, CPGZ, GZIP, BZIP2, UNIX Compress, SIT, JAR, DMG and ISO disk images and some more. Support for even more formats will come in future releases.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes a bug in version 1.6 which could corrupt a ZIP archive after modifying it and quitting application.
- Open, read and extract support for 7Z archives (support for creating/modifying of 7Z archives will come soon).
- Open, read and extract support for Microsoft CAB archives.
- Springy is a Services Provider application, with Services Menu actions in Snow Leopard replacing Finder contextual menu plug-in (CM plug-in is still available in Leopard and earlier). ... See all new features »