From Dragan MiliÃ?â?¡:
is a simple to use, yet powerful archiving and compression utility for Mac OS X. Springy integrates seamlessly with the Finder and includes some very useful features. All archiving tasks can be done via Drag and Drop, system Services Menu or through Springy's Finder contextual menu.
Springy features at a glance:
- Open and browse the contents of an archive or disk image without extracting any file from it.
- Quickly extract all files or only files of choice from an archive or disk image.
- Quickly extract the whole archive or disk image by double-clicking its file in a Finder.
- Modify the contents of an existing archive or disk image: add, overwrite, delete and rename files in an archive or disk image.
- Full Drag & Drop support for archiving and extracting from and into Finder.
- Archiving and extracting tasks may be accomplished quickly and efficiently using system Services Menu in Snow Leopard or Finder contextual menu in Leopard and earlier.
- Edit and modify any file in an archive or disk image by double click.
- Live preview of many types of files inside archive, without extracting.
- Browsing files in archives and disk images and extracting particular file or folder using hierarchical Finder contextual menu.
Springy supports all most widely used archiving and compression formats: ZIP, TAR, RAR, 7Z, PAX, CPIO, CPGZ, GZIP, BZIP2, UNIX Compress, SIT, JAR, DMG and ISO disk images and some more. Support for even more formats will come in future releases.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes a bug in version 1.6 which could corrupt a ZIP archive after modifying it and quitting application.
- Open, read and extract support for 7Z archives (support for creating/modifying of 7Z archives will come soon).
- Open, read and extract support for Microsoft CAB archives.
- Springy is a Services Provider application, with Services Menu actions in Snow Leopard replacing Finder contextual menu plug-in (CM plug-in is still available in Leopard and earlier).
See all new features »