CNET Editors' review
Sparrow is an attempt to get away from supercomplex, feature-packed e-mail clients in favor of a simpler e-mail experience. The interface is elegant while remaining very straightforward: the left side of the interface shows where e-mails are from, and the right side displays the message and any photos or other media commonly sent through e-mail. Setup only requires that you add accounts; then you can get started right away.
Though the interface is sparse compared with many big-name e-mail clients, you still get plenty of the common actions and options you'd expect from a basic e-mail app in Sparrow. You can save your draft e-mails; "Star" (or mark as favorite) specific conversations; add color-coded labels (which you can later sort by); and quickly open and collapse individual e-mails from a thread. You can also import Facebook pictures for your contacts, get Menubar notifications when you receive a message, and send quick replies. Sparrow offers support for all IMAP accounts, including Gmail, MobileMe, Yahoo, and custom IMAP accounts, and you can set up multiple accounts and view your messages in a unified inbox.
Overall, if you're looking for a desktop e-mail client that's not overloaded with features but keeps some of the most important ones you already use, Sparrow might be perfect for the job.
Sparrow is a minimalist mail application for Mac. It was designed to keep things simple and efficient. No fancy stuff here, just your mail and nothing else. Quickly flick through threaded conversations on your mac like never before. See your mails the way you want. Quickly glance at the preview. Read it in a new window or open the right pane to enjoy Sparrow's full potential. Growl is integrated for notifications addicts. Seamlessly switch between your mail accounts.
What's new in this version:
- Retina support
- Memory and CPU improvements
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Protect your online identity and privacy with this email securi...
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Have a look at your incoming email without switching to Mail.
- Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SMS, Fax, and...
- Read and organize email faster with this social networking-enab...
- Pops up alerts of emails on your mac and also can send email al...
- Copy to, move to, or open a recently used mailbox.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Transfer web apps to the OS X desktop.
- Create iCal events with a slick natural language interface.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Convert Outlook 2011 OLMs for import into Apple Mail, Thunderbi...
- Add functionality for Apple Mail signatures.
- Move, fullscreen, and pin windows using the green zoom button.
- Intelligently reminds to you include e-mail attachments if you ...
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Brings Gmail to your desktop.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Ultra light email client with minimal system impact."
Version: Sparrow 1.2
Full email from your menu bar: read, write, reply with gmail style conversation interface. Everything necessary to respond to emails from your computer in a timely manner without opening full-featured email client or internet browser.
Must pay to remove ads, unlock cleaner UI options, and use it for more than one email address.
I've been using this program for several weeks and I like it a lot. I enjoy the minimalist aspect of the program. For example, you have the option to eliminate icon from the dock and only have the little airplane icon on the menubar. I appreciate little touches like that. The inbox appears as a smallish window and so does a reply box, if you even open a new window. The adoption of the gmail conversation works well here and so does the star and label system. I'm going to make the jump to buy as soon as I can assure myself that the program will be in continuing development.
"Excellent Gmail Client"
Version: Sparrow 1.0.1
Simple email app with a great layout and design. Very easy an elegant to use with multiple gmail accounts
Would like to see a way to be able to right click a message in the email list and be able to delete it.
Can't wait to see Sparrow evolve. As a 1.0 product, it's solid and well-thought-out.
"what is free about $9.99"
Version: Sparrow 1.0
none it is not free
it is not free. No trial-just buy from App store-I don't think so!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content