From Jive Software:
Spark is a full-featured instant messaging (IM) and groupchat client that uses the XMPP protocol. The Spark source code is governed by the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), which can be found in the LICENSE.html file in this distribution. Spark also contains Open Source software from third-parties. Licensing terms for those components is specifically noted in the relevant source files.
What's new in this version: Version 2.6.3 fixed issues with login screen shows disabled fields, search in history is not working, and NPE when exiting a chat window with ESC.
More Products to Consider
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Host secure corporate messaging system for both internal and ex...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Send messages and reminders to colleagues in the form of yellow...
- Utilize free instant messaging on your PC.
- Chat live with friends, send secure file transfers, share white...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Record your AOL Instant Messenger conversations automatically.
- Build up a client-server instant messaging network.
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Send instant messages while listening to online radio.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Search for online ICQ users and reach them with your marketing ...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Send SMS messages from your computer to a mobile phone.
- Import your buddy lists from MSN, AOL, Yahoo! and ICQ into one ...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Send and receive messages within a small network.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Buggy and Resource-intensive"
Version: Spark 2.5.3
Interface is clean and simple.
It takes over 100mb of memory while running, and uses considerably more network bandwidth and CPU cycles than other chat clients (such as pidgin or trillian).
It often requires manually quitting before logging off or shutting down Windows, since Windows doesn't seem to be able to terminate the app. It also hangs up about 20% of the time when closed, requiring manual termination of the process using task manager.
Archiving features are meager and customizability of interface and features such as timestamp aren't up to snuff.
"Great corporate IM solution"
Version: Spark 2.5.3
* Easy to use and install
* Administrator control over many features
* No ads, games or unneeded add-ons
* Ability to store conversation and availability logs for specified time periods
* Unable to lock down a couple of features from end users
Very good open source based corporate IM. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I can't figure out how to lock down some of the features from end users like setting idle time. It may be possible but I haven't figured it out yet. I am serving this from my own machine to 100 end users and it hasn't effected performance on my end at all.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content