CNET Editors' review
When you think you've seen every variation on music management software, along comes a new one like Songview. It's a free "worship song display" program, though you provide the songs. It includes a slideshow and PowerPoint presentation maker, and a built-in Bible feature that can access a wide range of texts. It automatically produces a song use history for CCL licensing and offers congregation alerts, fade in and out, and slide editing during live displays, making it ideal for clergy and lay users who prepare worship services and programs. It's easy to learn and free, too, so anyone can use it.
Songview's interface is sparse but quite efficient, making subtle use of color to distinguish the tabs in its left-hand console, for instance, for Slideshow, PowerPoint, Numbers (songs), Titles, and Bible. We could store and recall entries via a series of numbered buttons at the bottom of the console as well as edit slideshows, song data and credits; set preferences; import and export songs; and other tasks. We clicked Import Songs, which opened a wizard that let us select song sources from a truly extensive drop-down list of sources for religious, liturgical, spiritual, gospel, and other types of music, and even convert some files directly from the wizard. The Slideshow tab offered a variety of stock images of nature, rosy clouds, and other such fare.
The Help file didn't open from the interface in 64-bit Windows, a common glitch with an easy fix from Microsoft, though we wish more software that claims 64-bit compatibility actually lived up to it. Songview's fully indexed Help file offered lots of detailed entries illustrated with screenshots, but the program also presents considerable information in text balloons and other pop-ups, and we never felt confused or lost.
Songview isn't an MP3 player or iTunes clone with a religious theme, though it does blend some of the features of DJ software and mixers with tools for creating and editing visual presentations. With a foot in several camps, it manages to bring together a range of features and tools that make it easy to create music programs for worship services and other purposes.
From Roger Bowser:
Songview is a worship song display software. Features include preview panes showing slide as it will be shown on screen, single mouse click on pane to change slide, song location via text and title search, optional picture backgrounds, slide editing during live displays, background selection and text style and position adjustment during live display, congregation alerts, automatic production of song use history for CCL license, spelling checker, undo and redo on song editor, and optional fades between slides, songs, and a song import facility.
What's new in this version: Version 4.466 fixes Playlist move item.
More Products to Consider
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Display subliminal messages on your desktop.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Draw graphs for mathematical functions.
- Translate documents, web pages among 53 languages, and access 1...
- Study about the Bible and view your progress.
- Learn to read music and play solfege through assisted practice.
- Search and view the Bible and other related references with var...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Get a unique learning experience for technical books and course...
- Create worship presentations for churches.
- Get a unique learning experience for technical education.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Listen to the voice while it reads the Bible to you.
- Select four chords, choose a music style and play along with yo...
- Get a unique learning experience for XML technology.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get 8 different Bibles with a search feature and dictionaries.
- Project songs or bible verses to a church assembly.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Update only for full version"
Version: Songview 4.319
Please see summary.
Please see summary.
This is only the update for the full program. It will not work on its own. For complete program use links to web site.
"Works great and its free"
Version: Songview 4.316
It gets the job done nicely. Projects songs, slide shows and Bible verses.
A little confusing when making a new song or editing one, but not too bad.
This is my favorite free song projection program. You can pay a lot for a program that won't do too much more. Than you to the maker of "Songview!"