From Solveig Multimedia:
SolveigMM AVI Trimmer + MKV is a free video editor that allows you to cut AVI and MKV movies fast and loss less. The program is small, smart, easy to use and involves no encoding or decoding processes. You can get rid of commercials or spit your movie to a favorite fragments in a few minutes.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.1210.11 fixes bugs with MKV files trimming
More Products to Consider
- Split or merge video files.
- Edit AVCHD, WEBM, MP4, MKV, MOV, MPEG-2, AVI, WMV, ASF, MP3 and...
- Cut, split, and join individual pieces of AVI and WMV video fil...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Edit, filter, and convert your video files.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Make creative movies and slide shows from your photos and video...
- Join multiple movie clips of AVI,DivX, FLV, MPEG, WMV, MP4, 3GP...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Play, create, and stream high-quality video.
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Merge and combine VOB and MPEG files.
- Find and download videos from YouTube, VideU, and MyVideo Web s...
- Play all multimedia files and find subtitles automatically.
- Create video from your personal videos, digital images, and aud...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Automate offloading for HD digital media.
- Edit movies and other video recordings on a Windows PC.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 33 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not perfect, but fairly easy to use, no fuss no muss."
Version: SolveigMM AVI Trimmer 2.0.1210.11
Installed directly from their website and had it working in seconds. Wanted to trim a few segments out of a 90 min video. Found start and end times I needed using MPC-HC, and then used marked each segment out using the left and ride tabs, and clicked "Save". Took minutes to edit out the two clips I needed. Very pleased. Saw no sign on first day that this was limited in any way. Spent longer writing this review than I did using the software to trim my two clips!
Interface is quite simple, but when it starts up the preview screen is hidden BEHIND the control screen. Took a while to realize where it was. The main icons need pop-up text labels. A button to jump 5 seconds forward and back would be helpful for pinpointing clipping points. Same with 1 frame at a time.
The 5 main icons on the toolbar are: Play/Pause, Play from current point, Stop and go to start, Put LEFT thumb at current point, Put RIGHT thumb at current point. Once you move the preview window to a place you can see it, drag the playing thumb to a suitable point in the video and press "Play/Pause". When you find the beginning of the clip you want, press "Play/Pause" to pause. Use the 4th icon, "Put LEFT thumb at current point", to set the position of the LEFT thumb. Do the same for the right thumb. Click "Save", select a new file name, and a few seconds later you are done. Repeat as required.Sorry for typos, no time to review before posting.
Updated on Apr 5, 2013
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content