SimpleIndex takes the labor out of document scanning by providing powerful barcode and optical character recognition (OCR) that can find data anywhere on the page and use it to organize your files automatically. Use it as a small business document management solution or front end capture for your custom database, EMR, CMS or SharePoint systems. SimpleIndex can also run as an unattended server process to file documents from multiple network scanners and MFPs automatically at a fraction of the cost of similar solutions.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Scan your images and save them to various formats.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Scan, import, and file various documents, including paper, busi...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Convert scanned pages and images to PDF format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Allow users to read and edit the most common image file types, ...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Print, scan, and share your documents.
- Manage your documents, automate business processes, and simplif...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Add barcodes and text to existing PDF files to automate documen...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Converts any (native and OCR) PDF to Word, Excel, Powerpoint, P...
- Convert PDF to Word and Excel, convert scanned and faxed images...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Scan documents and pictures, than locate and share them.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Easy to setup, very simple interface and easy ........."
Version: SimpleIndex 6.0
Easy to setup, very simple interface and easy to configure.
It can be very buggy. Try to index more than 500 documents and your machine may crash. I purchased ver 5.9 and the customer services would only reply to fixes with "pay for the latest version" SimpleIndex with OCR costs approx one thousand dollars...
Make sure that if you fully test what you want it to do and not just the critical requirements.
It is a great product - when it works.
The OCR recognition is quite poor compared to the standalone (and free) Fine OCR but the simple setup and configuration options made it stand out alongside other demonstration software.
I found a German application, ScanClient better than SimpleIndex for the task itself - fantastic OCR (it uses Fine OCR) and fast but the language barriers to get the application setup let it down - If you speak German you may be better off with ScanClient.
"Finally, a truly simple document Retrieval/Storage System"
Version: SimpleIndex 5.2
I have must have evaluated no less than 12 document management systems, Final a company that gets it!!! But dont mistake the product name with a low power, it puts stuff in files program. This software has been well thought out, VERY powerful, Very easy to use and elegantly simple.