CNET Editors' review
Keeping your family's budget on track can be a difficult, if not frustrating, experience. We found that Simple Home Money Manager lives up to its title with an easy-to-use approach that makes it easy to know where your money is going.
The program's clean interface is easy to understand, but we liked the start-up wizard that takes users through the various steps of organizing their budget. With simple-to-understand categories of incoming and outgoing money, it's easy to enter individual items. Users can designate an entry's recurrence, add a note, and can even assign an icon. At the end of the Wizard session, users set their budget and they're ready to go. We were highly impressed with how simple this task was.
From there, a multicolored menu along the left side allows users to view accounts, make changes and run reports about their family's saving and spending habits. We liked the easy-to-understand graphs that show expenditure by category, and other budget information.
Our only complaints with the program are minor and have to do with installing and uninstalling the program. It adds a desktop shortcut without asking, and you'll need to manually delete a folder after you remove the program from your computer. Still, Simple Home Money Manager presents an intuitive program that practically anyone can jump right into using. The 15-day trial is short, but should still be long enough to fully evaluate the program. We highly recommend this program for anyone looking to stay on budget.
Simple Home Money Management G3a will help you to closely monitor and control your spending habits, and accounts such as retirement, credit cards, bill payments and much more. Provides a huge number of income and outgoing categories so you can see where your money goes. Simple Home Money Management is simple but clever enough not only for the home but also small business. You can download your bank statements via QIF v7 & OFX format. Simple Home Money Management provides easy to understand core reports that tell you when bills are coming up, Actual vs Budget and graphical charts to view your income and outgoings at a glance. Simple Home Money Management is a leading personal finance, money management software. The bottom line is that Simple Home Money Management will help you to make informed decisions when it comes to spending , saving and investing your money.
What's new in this version: Version G3a introduces intuitive icon driven navigation to simplify budgeting.
More Products to Consider
- Keep track of bills, credit cards, and bank accounts.
- Save money by getting a complete picture of your private financ...
- Manage your personal finances, balance budgets, and view report...
- Organize and manage your personal finances.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Track and manage your financial gains with ease.
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Convert between different units on PC.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Enter transactions and balance checkbooks.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Manage credit card usage to stay within your credit limit.
- Keep track of bills with reminders.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Balance your checkbook with financial software that runs from y...
- Manage your personal finances (cash money, accounts, credit car...
- Manage your credit cards securely from flash drive.
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Predict your life potential opportunities.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 19 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"not my cup of tea"
Version: Simple Home Money Management G3a
this is easy to use until you want to make your own types of accounts, then it becomes more difficult than quicken
sliding icons around is difficult for some people (me included), hard to find a way to make your own specific accounts, if you have ever used quicken or quickbooks this will be much different.
not my cup of tea
"Not my cup of tea."
Version: Simple Home Money Management G3a
Lots of budget options
If you're looking for a simple cash flow device, this ain't it.