From Mr. Milk:
Annoyed by the display getting dim when you're reading or watching something? By using a combination of heuristic sensors, such as face detection, Should I Sleep checks if you are actually at the computer before it sleeps. When the display is about to dim, Should I Sleep will start its sensors. Camera, microphone all other software processing will stay on for only about 3 seconds. After that, sleep will be allowed or prevented. No need to touch any button. Face detection is the most effective sensor and works by capturing video from the camera and looking for eyes, nose and mouth. If one or more faces are detected, sleep is prevented. Sleep is prevented if a moving target is captured by the camera (such as waving, walking or even slightly moving your head). It works even when you are not directly facing the camera. Prevent sleep if there is network traffic. It works with all apps, on operations such as downloads and uploads, enjoying online videos and music and also receiving emails. And it even lets you keep downloads with the display dimmed. Prevent sleep if any app is performing CPU intensive tasks, such as audio and video conversions, encodings, renderings, scientific calculations, image processing, etc. Prevent sleep if an external display is plugged-in. A must-have for those who give presentations, speeches, demonstrations and/or trainings. That's the sensor that will "hear" you. It prevents sleep If ambient sound is detected. Useful when you're talking near the computer such as in workshops and meetings where the camera may not be in a favorable position. We have also added the old-style timed sleep prevention (caffeine mode). You just choose a predefined time period for the computer to be kept awake.
What's new in this version:
- Added: Processor Usage sensor
- Fixed: Shift-Ctrl-Eject and hot corner sleep
- Fixed: Delay after closing lid
- Fixed: Wake-up delay after long sleep
- Fixed: Keep settings after update
- Added: Restore purchases after update
- Fixed: 10.7 occasional crash
- Fixed: 10.7 button alignment and colors
- Fixed: 10.7 notification menu
- Added: Timer mode notifications
- Changed: New preferences design<... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Backs up settings from several common programming apps to Dropb...
- Clipboard manager.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Undeletes lost photos from your hard drive.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Delete apps and their associated files.
- Powerful, easy-to-use screencasting software.
- Sync Mac with WinMobile, Android, iPhone, and Dropbox.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Dip into 80's video effects seen in early music videos or take ...
- Customize and bind your keyboard.
- Screensaver turns iSight video into a 3D rotating torus.
- Data recovery software.
- Back up your data automatically and get instant access from you...
- Captures video from any input and send over network or internet...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content