From Vicky's Cool Softwares:
ScrollWall is a very simple tool by which your desktop wallpaper can be changed automatically after every fixed time interval in sec, minutes or hours. You can also set it to change the desktop wallpaper at every startup. The set of wallpapers can be selected by you, from your computer, and this set can be modified whenever you want.
The fact that makes it better than other software s in its category is the thumbnail view that it provide for the selected wallpapers and one click wallpaper change feature IE you can change your desktop wallpaper with just a click on the tray icon.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Change your desktop wallpapers automatically.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Change your desktop wallpaper at predetermined time interval.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Change your wallpapers automatically.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Organize and manage your computer's desktop backgrounds and wal...
- Change and format your desktop background picture with advanced...
- Bring a new golf image on your desktop daily.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Generate a customized monthly or yearly calendar, print it or p...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Generate different desktop wallpaper.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Modify your desktop wallpaper for multi-monitor systems.
- Change your desktop wallpaper with photos from Riya, Picasa, 23...
- Enjoy the sight of elite cars on your desktop.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"a great simple wallpaper changer for windows"
Version: ScrollWall 1.2
easy to install, even easier to setup. you can change the update interval from 1min to 59hrs, and also to change at startup. exactly as described. nicely sized thumbnails and preview
loading tiff format images would be nice, but it handles jpg, gif, and bmp fine. only real con i can find is closing the manager, i would have and did expect that clicking Close would send the app to taskbar from which it opened. it closes the app, most utilities close & minimize to taskbar
finally a tool that changes wallpapers and does not lock you down to low quality images. i use HD images and for some reason a lot of wallpaper changers want to force you into old sizes and resolution, this tool accepts images of your choice, except tif. is simple to use, and has a friendly interfacewhen Right clicking icon to open manager, the manager opens behind other apps. would be nice to have it open on top of other apps
Updated on May 12, 2012
i like simplicity, and ScrollWall is simple. it is now part of my system build
"If you need constant change, this one's for you!"
Version: ScrollWall 1.2
You can bulk select images in a simple interface, set them to default as stretch, center or tile (or set them individually), set it to change after booting or any timer imaginable...As soon as I put this to work, my wife demanded it too! This works!!
It takes a while for the interface to load the super-hi-res images from the Hubble telescope that I use as a rotating desktop--on a Pentium 3. Not really a surprise. Also, it only works with JPEGs GIFs and BMPs. Not so bad, but the Hubbles were TIFs.
This program works great. It does exactly what it's supposed to with great efficiency, and the only sign is a tiny flicker on the title bar (nowhere else that I noticed) when it actually changes. I will be keeping this on my list of programs to always keep on my computer, as well as the list to tell everyone I know about.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: