From Andrew Tridgell:
Samba is an open source software suite that provides seamless file and print services to SMB/CIFS clients.
What's new in this version: o Fix smbd segfaults in _netr_SamLogon for clients sending null domain (bug #7237).
o Fix smbd segfaults in "waiting for connections" message (bug #7251).
o Fix an uninitialized variable read in smbd (bug #7254).
o Fix a memleak in Winbind (bug #7278).
o Fix Winbind reconnection to it's own domain (bug #7295).
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Removes & archives the files installed by a .pkg file.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Uninstaller removes software that search tools can't find.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...
- Search and download media-torrents with a simple interface and ...
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Command-line file transfer tool.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Perfect utility to share file between windows and Linux"
Version: Samba 3.5.2
This utility helps to share file between windows and Linux.
NONE... Possible slower response if the network is slow
This utility combined with the utilities in the below link will help troubleshoot all the samba related isssues
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: