CNET Editors' review
S3 Browser is designed to be used in tandem with Amazon.com's Simple Storage Service (S3), a Web-based storage solution. You can use S3 Browser to upload your files to Amazon.com's service. S3 Browser makes transferring large amounts of data to the S3 site easier. You can also use this program as a BitTorrent client to download files from remote locations.
S3 Browser functions much like an FTP client. Once you add your account to S3 Browser's interface, you can select which files you want to upload to Amazon, load them into the application, and monitor the uploading progress. Files managed with this service are organized into "Buckets." With S3 Browser, you can create new Buckets and organize existing ones. You must have an Amazon S3 account to use the service. If you don't have an S3 Account, you can use S3 Browser to sign up for. That option is located under the Help menu, along with other information about how to use the program. The Help files are located on Amazon's S3 Web site. The documentation there is thorough and very helpful. This program is fairly self explanatory, but we appreciate all the information and support that Amazon has on its Web site.
S3 Browser is free, and it installs and uninstalls with no problems. Amazon's S3 service is not free; pricing is available on the Amazon S3 Web site. If you're searching for a way to store important files off site, this is might be your solution.
From NetSDK Software:
S3 Browser is an easy to use client for Amazon S3 Service. S3 Browser will help you organize your Amazon S3 buckets and files. Create public URLs to share the files. Upload and download files to and from Amazon S3. Keep your files backed up on a multiple data centers.
What's new in this version: Version 3.8.1 improved Versions Manager, support for large buckets and added overall progress for uploading/downloading tasks.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Store, organize, and manage your files on Amazon S3.
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download only the parts of Web sites that you want.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Organize your font files.
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Create and customize EXE files from your HTML files.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Save,organize and synchronize your Internet links, notes, and f...
- Download entire Web sites for offline browsing.
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Organize your media collection.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Organize and access your MP3 files.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Get instant contextual information from various content provide...
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Organize your daily work with reminders, sticky notes service, ...
- Preview the site directory and file structure and download only...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"powerful, easy-tu-use, free"
Version: S3 Browser 2.9.2
fast. really fast.
supports files up to the 5 TB
the latest free version allows you to edit permissions!!
not found yet :)
"Free version does not allow public file sharing"
Version: S3 Browser 1.9.7
Easy to install and setup
The free version does not allow you apply changes to the ACL, granting access to the public for file sharing - the whole purpose of having an S3 account. So this version is really useless.
Unless you want to spend the $30 for the full version, stick with the FireFox S3 Organizer - it works.
"Easy to use. Makes S3 accessible to the Average user"
Version: S3 Browser 1.6.1
I use S3 for remote storage. You can't beat the price, but it is not as user friendly as other services (ex: box.net). S3 Browser makes using S3 easy and convenient. It is a must have Firefox plug-in for S3 users.
Has trouble with very large files. S3 can support files up 5GB. I have had difficulty loading files larger than 1GB. I suspect it may be an S3 Browser issue b/c I am able to load the larger files using Cloudberry Explorer.
"convenient Amazon S3 Tool"
Version: S3 Browser 1.0.3
it is fast to open , easy
ACL is not supported yet
"Good. but can be better"
Version: S3 Browser 1.0.3
easy to use
it's not possible to share files with this tool