CNET Editors' reviewAlthough we comprehend this game's basic concept, the lack of a tutorial and vague help files keep us from truly understanding or enjoying it. In Road Construction, your goal is to build a road from point A to point B, which sounds easier than it actually is. The game forces you to use a minimum number of moves to build the road, so you can't just pick the quickest possible solution. However, we're not sure how the application calculates distance; in one instance, we had clearly built a highway well over the minimum required eight tiles, but our truck still didn't make it to its destination. Also, we're not sure why the vehicle often veers off the given path, and the very ambiguous help files didn't answer many of our questions. Apart from its mysterious gameplay, Road Construction offers no features other than the ability to turn off the music, and the graphics are mediocre at best. This game looks promising, but its goal needs to be more clear before we can recommend it.
From TLK Games:
The goal of Road Construction is to build a road to connect two neighboring cities, so that a first vehicle, ready to start on your heels at the beginning of the game, can reach its goal. The vehicle has to run a minimum-given distance. As anybody knows, the more a road is long and loopy, the more it costs money, and the more the contractor is paid. When playing, you arrange blocks of different shapes on the tray to trace the way.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Manage and captain your cricket team to glory.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play Bejeweled the worlds #1 puzzles game, connect three or mor...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play a game set in Medieval times.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add the Delorean car from Back to the Future to Crysis.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Put the pedal to the metal with Off Road Arena.