CNET Editors' reviewAlthough we comprehend this game's basic concept, the lack of a tutorial and vague help files keep us from truly understanding or enjoying it. In Road Construction, your goal is to build a road from point A to point B, which sounds easier than it actually is. The game forces you to use a minimum number of moves to build the road, so you can't just pick the quickest possible solution. However, we're not sure how the application calculates distance; in one instance, we had clearly built a highway well over the minimum required eight tiles, but our truck still didn't make it to its destination. Also, we're not sure why the vehicle often veers off the given path, and the very ambiguous help files didn't answer many of our questions. Apart from its mysterious gameplay, Road Construction offers no features other than the ability to turn off the music, and the graphics are mediocre at best. This game looks promising, but its goal needs to be more clear before we can recommend it.
From TLK Games:
The goal of Road Construction is to build a road to connect two neighboring cities, so that a first vehicle, ready to start on your heels at the beginning of the game, can reach its goal. The vehicle has to run a minimum-given distance. As anybody knows, the more a road is long and loopy, the more it costs money, and the more the contractor is paid. When playing, you arrange blocks of different shapes on the tray to trace the way.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Put the pedal to the metal with Off Road Arena.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Build your own town and make heaps of money in this addictive s...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Calculate the distance between cities using their zip codes.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Create 3D model of your road projects.
- Build your own city and make heaps of money in this addictive s...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Build ancient Roman cities in this highly addictive tycoon stra...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Build any type of war game.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Record and quickly access past run information including track ...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Enjoy the vintage view of New York City by day and night.
- Race through a virtual city leaving behind your rivals.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- View the time in any location in the world.