CNET Editors' review
Right Click Enhancer Portable combines two of our favorite things: context menu enhancements and portable freeware. This simple tool lets you customize the menus that appear when you right-click things in Windows. It adds a variety of menu items, including cascading menus with as many submenus as you need as well as custom items you create and configure. This version is completely portable, running from a USB drive or other portable media without having to be installed. You don't need to restart the application every time you reboot, though; the changes it makes persist until you change them back.
When we opened the extracted program files, we saw that Right Click Enhancer actually bundles several tools: My Computer Manager, New Menu Editor, Right Click Cascading Menu Shortcuts Creator, Right Click Editor, Right Click Enhancer, Right Click Shortcuts Creator, Right Click Tweaker, and Send To Manager. Right Click Enhancer serves as the anchor app; its eight buttons access the various tools as well as the HTML-based Help file.
The most powerful tool in the lineup is the Right Click Editor, which offers a staggering list of items to add. By contrast, the Right Click Tweaker is an ultrasimple tool that lets you add context menu entries by clicking check boxes. We could add Administrator Command Prompt, Encrypt, System Configuration, and even God Mode. We applied our tweaks and right-clicked the desktop. Our changes appeared on the menu that popped up. The Send To Manager is another super-simple dialog-based tool for selecting destinations to add to the cascading Send To menu. As with the other tools, we could easily browse our system for apps and other targets to add to the selection list if we didn't see what we wanted. The My Computer Manager let us add items to both the My Computer and Control panel menus. The other tools had similar functionality; all performed well.
As we noted, rebooting preserved our menu changes, despite the program's portability. This versatile suite of easy-to-use tools lets you put useful items exactly where you need them. Whether you choose the installed or portable versions, we highly recommend Right Click Enhancer.
Right Click Enhancer Portable allows user to add cascading menus to their right click. When user adds a cascading menu Right Click Cascading Menu Shortcuts Creator automatically adds an option to right click menu to add the files and folders to cascading menu by just right clicking any files or folder. It allows you to print or create file list of a folder by right clicking on folder and selecting one of the option, open any file in notepad by just right clicking it, open an elevated command prompt with highest privileges from any folder by right clicking it, and add the options to open System Configuration Utility.
What's new in this version: Version 4.1.4:
- Fixed issue in Smart Renamer with random number names somtimes shows same names for two or more files.
- Fixed issue where trying to give the same name as other shortcut in Send to menu leads to crash.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Improve your PC experience by adding useful options to your rig...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Edit your right click menu and add features in the way you want...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Optimize your system using various tools.
- Optimize and speedup system.
- View and launch all available Yahoo widgets in the specified fo...
- Save and restore the contents of your Clipboard.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Save disk space by compressing LiDAR files.
- Sort documents from a specified folder, in several folders.
- Organize the utilities from other sites or utility suits.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"best tool for customizing right click."
Version: Right Click Enhancer Portable 2.2.3
can do everything adding,removing and editing to right click.
offline documentation in new version is great.
nothing i found.
god of the right click.
"Can say it does as advertised."
Version: Right Click Enhancer Portable 1.8
.Appears to work just fine...if needed.
For me (just me) it is too difficuilt to understand! Get different scroll menu's for different programs! I get confused
Confused so deleted.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content