CNET Editors' review
Right Click Enhancer Portable combines two of our favorite things: context menu enhancements and portable freeware. This simple tool lets you customize the menus that appear when you right-click things in Windows. It adds a variety of menu items, including cascading menus with as many submenus as you need as well as custom items you create and configure. This version is completely portable, running from a USB drive or other portable media without having to be installed. You don't need to restart the application every time you reboot, though; the changes it makes persist until you change them back.
When we opened the extracted program files, we saw that Right Click Enhancer actually bundles several tools: My Computer Manager, New Menu Editor, Right Click Cascading Menu Shortcuts Creator, Right Click Editor, Right Click Enhancer, Right Click Shortcuts Creator, Right Click Tweaker, and Send To Manager. Right Click Enhancer serves as the anchor app; its eight buttons access the various tools as well as the HTML-based Help file.
The most powerful tool in the lineup is the Right Click Editor, which offers a staggering list of items to add. By contrast, the Right Click Tweaker is an ultrasimple tool that lets you add context menu entries by clicking check boxes. We could add Administrator Command Prompt, Encrypt, System Configuration, and even God Mode. We applied our tweaks and right-clicked the desktop. Our changes appeared on the menu that popped up. The Send To Manager is another super-simple dialog-based tool for selecting destinations to add to the cascading Send To menu. As with the other tools, we could easily browse our system for apps and other targets to add to the selection list if we didn't see what we wanted. The My Computer Manager let us add items to both the My Computer and Control panel menus. The other tools had similar functionality; all performed well.
As we noted, rebooting preserved our menu changes, despite the program's portability. This versatile suite of easy-to-use tools lets you put useful items exactly where you need them. Whether you choose the installed or portable versions, we highly recommend Right Click Enhancer.
Right Click Enhancer Portable allows user to add cascading menus to their right click. When user adds a cascading menu Right Click Cascading Menu Shortcuts Creator automatically adds an option to right click menu to add the files and folders to cascading menu by just right clicking any files or folder. It allows you to print or create file list of a folder by right clicking on folder and selecting one of the option, open any file in notepad by just right clicking it, open an elevated command prompt with highest privileges from any folder by right clicking it, and add the options to open System Configuration Utility.
More Products to Consider
- Edit your right click menu and add features in the way you want...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Display custom messages and flash the Scroll or Num Lock lights...
- Add files or folders to your My Computer, Control Panel or Desk...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Display unlimited world clocks with world map on your desktop.
- Add files or folders to your My Computer, Control Panel, or Des...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Include files, folders and applications shortcuts to right clic...
- Optimize and speedup system.
- Grab and save objects as they are copied to the Windows Clipboa...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Add cascading menu to your right click menu.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"best tool for customizing right click."
Version: Right Click Enhancer Portable 2.2.3
can do everything adding,removing and editing to right click.
offline documentation in new version is great.
nothing i found.
god of the right click.
"Can say it does as advertised."
Version: Right Click Enhancer Portable 1.8
.Appears to work just fine...if needed.
For me (just me) it is too difficuilt to understand! Get different scroll menu's for different programs! I get confused
Confused so deleted.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content