CNET Editors' review
It's hard enough to make a go of a restaurant by emphasizing things like food, service, and sanitation. Where too many good restaurants fail is not in the kitchen or the dining room but in the office, where costs, inventory, and profit and loss are often left to fend for themselves. Restaurateurs who want to succeed need to pay as close attention to their bottom line as they do their menus. Spreadsheet123's Restaurant Monthly Profit and Loss Statement Template for Excel RPLT 1 isn't too long a title for such a helpful tool. It contains five Excel templates for calculating a restaurant business's monthly profit and loss, as well as some extras that can help busy entrepreneurs take care of their bottom line so they can focus on running a restaurant.
Like the publisher's many business software titles, the program is a spreadsheet for Microsoft's Excel, so it's available for use immediately after extraction, with no need to install anything. The templates are cleanly designed and easy to use, with configuration and data-entry options such as choice of currency, food and liquor margins, and budgets.
Restaurant Monthly Profit and Loss Statement Template is free for personal use but requires a license for commercial use, and the free version has customization limitations. It downloads as a ZIP file but requires no installation to use; you do need Excel, though. It's a highly effective time and money saver for busy restaurant managers and owners, and it earns a place on the menu.
If you are serious about making more money in your restaurant, you have got to know your business running costs and not just once a month, but at the end of every week. By having done so you will win yourself a huge amount of valuable time to act on arising problems. Calculating Profit and Loss is a must for any restaurant serious about making profit. The Restaurant Monthly Profit and Loss Template contains five P&L worksheets for every week of the month. I have also included a Budget Tool that helps to allocate your Prime Cost amounts. What is a Prime Cost? Prime cost is cost of sales (food & beverages) plus all payroll related costs, including gross payroll of all management and hourly personnel and payroll taxes, benefits, worker's compensation, etc. Prime cost usually runs 60% to 65% of total sales in a full service restaurant and 55% to 60% of sales in a quick service restaurant. Restaurant Monthly Profit and Loss Statement Template for Excel that contains five weekly P&L Workbooks can be a real help when calculating your weekly and monthly profit and costs. The Profit and Loss Worksheet also has an integrated budget tool that allocates estimated revenue, profit and costs per set margin and also helps to compare to the actual cost of sales for every week of the month. Instructions are simple, just enter the amounts from you POS in to the blue cells and this is really all you have to do. The P&L Template can be customised to suit your business requirements. You can download and use or free restaurant monthly profit and loss statement template only for your personal use.
More Products to Consider
- Track your profits and losses in your business today.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create e-mail financial reports from QuickBooks.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Format monthly MYOB Profit and Loss data with flexible review, ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Compare and merge Excel Files, Names, and VBA macros.
- Track, graph, and report on the performance of your investment ...
- Plan and manage the finances of your restaurant.
- Import Excel spreadsheet into ZWCAD and keep it updated.
- Manage merchandise and create and print recipes.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Restaurant Monthly Profit and Loss Statement Template for Excel RPLT 1
I have not found any pros, as the software is locked with no "help" or tech support to speak of.
I paid the $15 for the "commercial use" version. It is a locked/protected excel sheet with no indication of how to unlock. There is no "help". It's also completely in "pounds" with no apparent way to switch over to dollars. Very disappointed in this product. Tech support has been unresponsive.
Don't waste your time or money trying to figure this one out. Cnet should be more cautious when handing out 4star reviews.