Report Genie, v1.2,is a free user-friendly reporting tool to help businesses generate Excel reports based on SQL queries using VB.net and Excel libraries.
Main Features include:1. Using ODBC or OLE DB to connect any data source.Specify your connection string, you can connect to database, such as MS Access, Oracle, SQL Server, even Excel or text files. 2. Each report can contain multiple queries. Tired of having one query per excel report? Report Genie allows you to configure multiple queries for one report, each query could have its own database connections. The resulting excel reports will have one worksheet per query. 3. Support multiple output formats.Report Genie supports multiple result formats, such as Excel, Text and HTML. Version 1.2 also support XML spreadsheet format that can be opened by Excel. 4. Report could be run using command arguments.This provides users the capability to schedule a report to run at specific time and frequency using Windows Scheduled Tasks. 5. Reports can be emailed out to recipients specified automatically. Whether using SMTP or Exchange, you can configure the genie to have the reports emailed out automatically. For text or HTML reports, you have the option to email the report as an attachment or as part of the message body.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Access your data and create live links through Excel.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Enhance your Visual Basic database applications with these ten ...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Monitor MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and any ODBC compliant da...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Build and test custom queries for existing databases, print and...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Build queries and interact with many diverse relational databas...
- Translate your SQL query results into MS Excel file.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create reports that works with the Great Plains 8.0 sample data...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Analyze data and build complex reports.
- Create and browse databases and run SQL queries.
- Learn how to reuse legacy forms by converting them to XML data ...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Improve Oracle tuning process.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very practical reporting tool and easy to use"
Version: Report Genie 1
I was looking for such a tool for a while. I have used the Report Genie v1.1 for the last 2 weeks (CNet has only v1 right now, but the hybing.com has posted v1.1).
Comparing to the v1, the tool is now more polished and has more useful features, such as Inline/HTML reports. The tool is very easy to use.
It did take me some time to get the right Excel library installed to enjoy to Excel multiple-worksheet exporting capability. The configuration is very straightforward, I actually can make change by directly eidting the XML configuration file. .Net is a little bit slower than the usual VB6 applications, but who cares. I scheduled my reports to run between 8am to 9am anyway. Need to have the MS .Net Framework 2.0 installed, otherwise, some controls show wrongly formatted text.