From Northern Softworks:
Renicer is a GUI tool that automatically sets priority values for applications. Designed to run in the background, it automatically prioritizes whatever application is in front. Additionally, it ups the priority of the Finder, Dock, and Window Server. It also maintains a list of applications that are to be set to low or high priority. Applications are reniced on the fly as they are launched and brought forward. All of Renicer's changes can be made persistant, so that Renicer can be quit if desired.Renicer is designed to be simple enough for novices, yet flexible enough for the power user.
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Local IP address mapping tool.
- Multiple clipboards & enhancements.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Tool to renice the priority of any process.
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Fast hot key and menu-based launcher.
- Simple vector drawing app.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Copy date and time to the clipboard in many formats.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 35 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It works as advertised. Have used it for about 5 years."
Version: Renicer 1.5.2
It frees up ram in short order, especially if you have a maxed out (as in a 2005 iBook) your RAM.
It makes the difference between running Tiger or Leopard.
It takes up precious menubar space.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content