Editors' reviewThis application can create another virtual storage compartment out of your system's RAM. RamDisk Plus may be accessed in two ways: its DOS command-line interface or its GUI interface from the Windows Control Panel. The application's GUI interface is easy to use. You'll determine the size and letter association for your new drive and its file type. RamDisk Plus can create multiple drives with the option to house a temp folder within each. Quickly save files and folders on your new RAM drive manually or automatically at system shutdown. The 15-day trial is ample enough to see that RamDisk Plus is beneficial in adding extra storage to your computer.
This is our desktop version to create a virtual disk out of RAM. The RAM disk (a.k.a. Ramdrive) appears like a physical hard disk to the operating system and other programs. A RamDisk is extremely fast, much faster than a regular hard drive. It is even faster than a Solid State Disk (SSD). When creating a RamDisk you choose its size (depending on the amount of RAM in your system), drive letter, and file system. You can copy, move and delete files on it. Like a physical disk, a RAM disk can also be shared so as to be accessed by other computers on a network. Other optional features include full command line interface, multiple disk support, system page file support for non-SSD boot drives, and a versatile disk image backup facility and even automatically save and restore itself when the system is rebooted! Our RamDisk Plus has a most unique feature. It has our patent pending technology that can access memory beyond the limitation imposed by Windows. In other words, RamDisk Plus can use memory "unmanaged" (not seen) by the Windows operating system.
What's new in this version:
- Version 11.8.1298:
- All drivers Microsoft certified;
- Added support to label a volume on RAM disk;
- Added support to make multiple directories when adding a RAM disk;
- Optimized Unmanaged Memory allocate and free functions to improve speed, versatility and thoroughness of UM management;
- Fixed: Issue on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 involving highly excessive times for physical memory allocations. This fix reduces the time required to in... See all new features »