CNET Editors' review
Rainlendar Lite offers not only a fantastic desktop calendar, but also a helpful reminder system. With a familiar layout and useful tools, this program is certain to keep you organized.
The program's interface is simple with intuitive commands. We had no problem finding and navigating this semitranslucent calendar and a to-do list as it nestled into our desktop. Programming the alarm and task lists felt like operating Microsoft Outlook, because the menus mimic that program. With only a few mouse clicks and some times and dates we had our calendar full of reminders. We like how the reminders are impossible to miss since they pop up in front whatever we were working on and play a sound we designated. We also toyed with its great hot-keys feature, which allowed us to quickly designate hot keys and completely ignore our mouse. The overall package was simple, effective, and helpful.
Rainlendar Lite is a freeware program. The program leaves folders behind after uninstall.
Rainlendar is a feature rich calendar application that is easy to use and doesn't take much space on your desktop. The application is platform independent so you can run it on all major operating systems: Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. The appearance can be customized with skins and you can even mix different skins together. It is possible to use Rainlendar with other calendar applications too. Rainlendar uses the standard iCalendar format to store its events and tasks so you can easily transfer them between applications. Rainlendar is a unicode application and supports localization so you can use it in your own language. All the future events are shown in a separate list where you can see the week's events at one glance. You can decide how many days in advance you want to see in the list. Different events can have a different appearance in the list so you can easily spot the important events from the others. The icons in the calendar are also available in the event list and other windows to make it easier to separate the events.You can also have a separate list for your long term tasks. The task list can be arranged several ways so that you can keep it better organized. You can also set a due date for the tasks to make sure you'll remember to do them on time. You'll also get an alarm when an event or task is due so that you don't miss it. The alarm can be defined to be set off any duration before the actual event so you have time to prepare for it. And that's not all. Check the list of features and the gallery for a better overview of all the things Rainlendar can do.
What's new in this version: Version 2.12.1 brings new today window for the calendar.
More Products to Consider
- Place a customizable calendar onto your desktop.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Place a customizable calendar with events, tasks, and alarms on...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Manage your appointments, tasks, notes, contacts, E-mail messag...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Keep track of major holidays, special events, Chinese lunar cal...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Try a calendar that comes with skins.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Set a clock with changeable skins on your desktop.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Bring a new calendar image to your desktop each month.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Synchronize your personal data applications with both Palm Desk...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Place customizable calendar on your desktop.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Keep track of important events.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 85 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"simple, easy, and free"
Version: Rainlendar Lite 2.12.1
1. lets you schedule appointments and events with numerous options for recurrences
2. able to size it to a little corner of the desktop
3. able to customize the calendars appearance
none that come to mind