CNET Editors' review
Those who want to be DJs or users looking to create a better sound mix for social gatherings need a program capable of mixing audio files. Radiologik DJ for Mac functions well, but the full version's high cost and its limited utility make it a questionable choice for all but the most serious audio listeners.
Radiologik DJ for Mac offers a free trial version, while the full program costs $128. The only trial version restriction is that a pop-up menu stops the program every 30 minutes and must be dismissed to continue. The program's small size of about 15MB meant it downloaded and installed cleanly. There were no instructions readily available and technical support was not apparent. Because of the complicated interface, the lack of guidance is a major flaw. Finding a playlist for loading is not difficult, but the sheer number of buttons, each lacking clear graphics, makes using the program difficult for all but those with experience using audio mixing software. Once loaded, the audio plays well, but the default settings for fading in and out make working with audio difficult. Easier-to-read functions for beats per minute and other common DJ tools would have been a nice addition.
Though it's functional, Radiologik DJ for Mac's extreme price for the full version and confusing interface lead us to believe that users should look elsewhere for audio-mixing programs.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Radiologik DJ for Mac 2013.2.6.
From MacinMind Software:
Radiologik DJ is the DJ live assist specifically built for the needs of radio but very useful for all DJing needs with the exception of club mix features. It features 3 main players and one library player, all with selectable individual audio outputs, detailed time calculations, a lot of fast and smooth iTunes integration, and Nicecast artist and title publishing. It is complemented by a separate scheduler for full station automation.
What's new in this version: Updated for Twitter 1.1 API
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Digital video editing system.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Send iTunes library data or playlists to MySQL.
- Lets you position your Mac's trash can anywhere on your desktop...
- Build pretty looking diagrams with minimal effort.
- Record iTunes streams & Internet radio as MP3 files.
- Mix audio, video, and karaoke.
- Tool to organize & download top music charts, full albums.
- Simple projectile plotting app written in Cocoa.
- Convert MPEG & transport streams.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content