From Francois Menneteau:
RPGMapMaker is a tool for drawing maps with polygonal grids. This kind of maps is used in Role Playing Games, but of course can be designed for any other purposes. In addition to having most of the capabilities of a real painting program (such as lines, ovals, ..., drawing with color and pattern, text, pipettes, etc.), RPGMapMaker has also unique features that greatly simplify the building of polygonal maps:
- Various kinds of grids: hex-based grids, square-grids and lozenge-grids.
- Ten layers static map. Four pre-allocated layers and six extra layers allocated on demand.
- Interactive maps. Static maps can be linked between each other like in a hypertext document.
- Links to external files. You can attach files (notes for example) to a static map.
- Layers managers. For allocating and freeing the additional layers, etc.
- Various dimension units (cm, m, ft, ya, etc.)
- Predefined terrains tiles in various size.
- Terrains editor. To modify or create terrain tiles.
- Terrain Organizer. To reorganize a terrain library and transfer tiles between libraries.
- Random terrain generator. To generate random terrains made of up to five different regions.
- Random maze generator. To generate random mazes, caverns and dungeons.
- Fractal terrain generator. To generate realistic terrains.
- Line with arrows of various shapes.
- Drawing contexts. You can memorize fore and back colors and patterns for further utilization.
- Textures. To be used with the filling tools.
- Selective drag or clear. You select which map layer(s) you want to drag or clear.
- Intelligent copy and paste. You selct which active layer you want to transfer into/from the clipboard.
- Intelligent external drop. You select the portion of an external drop to paste into the map.
- Multiple levels of undo.
- Models. Using a special script, you can create the grid with a predefined appearance.
- Layer Scripts. You can attach a script to a layer (for drawing text programmatically).
- Text Styles. You can memorize an infinite number of style contexts to speed up text operations.
- Markers. A marker is an icon with a text. Even after creation, you can move it and change its appearance.
- Markers Manager. Allows you manipulating markers without having to ctrl-click on the map.
What's new in this version:
[New] Horizontal hex (hex side-up).
[New] Grid polygons coordinates.
[New] File format for maps. Most of the time, you should see a decrease in file size. Please backup your maps before converting them.
[New] You can align tiles on the map grid polygons.
[New] (Fractal Terrain Generator) Physics parameters. See some samples below.
[New] (Layer Manager) Contextual menu to cut/copy/paste/clear a layer without using the menu items.
[New] (Main window) layou... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Organize, visualize and maintain your family history.
- Stop motion animation & time-lapse.
- Create sheets of Passport photos at home.
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- Design/print avery labels, business cards, dividers, t-shirt tr...
- Keep track of any Topic that can be described in four parameter...
- BBC Model B emulator.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Access and control your home from anywhere using any modern web...
- GPS-enabled activity tracking software.
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- DNA mapping program.
- Draws thematic maps, for teachers & students.
- Keep your Things in the right Place.
- Cut truetype fonts with your cricut machine.
- Widget gets images from Weather Channel & NOAA.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Catalog book, music and video collections automatically.
- Topographic maps & up-to-date road info.
- 50K and 250K topo maps.