From R-tools Technology:
R-Wipe and Clean is a complete solution to wipe useless files and keep your computer privacy. Irretrievably deletes private records of your on- and off-line activities, such as temporary internet files, history, cookies, auto complete forms and passwords, swap files, recently opened documents list, Explorer MRUs, temporary files, traces from used applications, and frees up your disk space. The utility wipes files and unused disk space using either fast or secure erase algorithms. All files and folders may be combined in wipe lists to erase them in a single procedure. All separate wiping and cleaning tasks can be combined in one or more erasing procedures launched immediately or at predefined times or events as a background task.
What's new in this version: Version 9.9 build 1839 removes traces from more than 600 third-party applications, including Microsoft Office 2007 and Skype, and supports all recent versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla/Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Flock, Netscape, AOL, MSN, Google Chrome, SeaMonkey, BT Yahoo!, Konqueror, and K-Meleon, as well as the Google, Windows Live, Yahoo!, and MSN toolbars.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Save disk space and protect your privacy by erasing all traces ...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Remove any evidence of your online/offline activities, clean fi...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Erase and clean Internet history, tracks, and temporary files.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Delete cookies and temporary files, and protect your privacy on...
- Clean up the history of your Internet activities and protect yo...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Don't give away sensitive information with computer hardware.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Prevent deleted files from being restored by someone else.
- Erase the cache, cookies, history, and typed URLs.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Delete traces of your Internet activities permanently.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Delete automatically and securely (by overwriting multiple time...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Clear browsing history and avoid damages made by malicious Web ...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 72 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Nice interface, but slow..."
Version: R-Wipe&Clean 9.9 build 1839
It has a nice interface and the ad-hoc wiping of a file (using the context menu) is fairly fast.
Quick replies from the R-TT Support team, even in weekends, which is exceptional.
In my opinion "Creating a task" is pretty confusing.
However, that aside, THE big issue is "Wiping Free Space": R-Wipe & Clean will create a temporary file, which will, in the course of the process use up -all- available free space on a givenn drive.
Meaning, for example, wiping free space of a 1TB drive, being filled with with 500GB of data, R-Wipe & Clean will create a temporary file of 500GB, resulting in a 'Full Disk"-error when trying to write anything to that drive.
It is not possible to assign a fixed space (e.g. a max of 100GB) for the temporary drive.
Also, the -Removing temporary files- takes ages! It is better to use Explorer to delete the temporary file.
Example: it took 1 hour for R-Wipe & Clean to remove abt 0,5GB(!) of the ... 550GB temporary file, i.e. if this would go on in the space pace, it would take 1100 hours (45 days).
ood interface, fine for the single ad-hoc wiping of file. Fast support-replies.
However, donot try wiping free space.
Currently I am using BCWipe v6 (sofar, regretfully, not reviewed by CNet) that I think has a number of advantages over R-Wipe & Clean, like a faster wipe free space operation (because of its NEW reserved space manager), avoiding low disk space, a faster MFT wiping, it can wipe directory slack space on ntfs drives and temporary data stored in ntfs log file andalso has a 'Transparent Wiping'-feature. When activated, this will intercept all 'delete' commands and securely wipes the data files. Running wipe free space and/or wipe temporary files are not necessary anymore.