Punakea is a little app trying to help you cope with the day-to-day struggle of managing your files. Designed to complement Spotlight, it allows you to tag your files and bookmarks, freeing you of the strict hierarchy of Finder's folder structure.
A "tag" is like a keyword. Tags can help you to group files which have something in common. You can assign as many tags as you wish to each file.
With its sidebar, it's always accessible with just a flick of the mouse, just drag and drop without any hassle. The tag cloud gives you a perfect view of all your tags.
What's new in this version: - Fixed bookmarks filter
- Fixed issue with tag synchronization
- Fixed case-insensitive file sorting
- Fixed keyboard navigation for thumbnail view
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Mac hex editor.
- Detect and delete duplicate files.
- GUI for CSS Optimizer.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Convert a filename, a directory tree, and contained files into ...
- Validate local files, as well as pages on local web sites.
- Tag and rate any file on your Mac. Search for tagged files.
- Create, copy, move, delete, find, zip, unzip, files & folders, ...
- Web search utility to automate repetitive searches and store re...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Ate my pdfs"
Version: Punakea 1.1.3rc2
There was nothing I liked.
It ate my files.
This did not do what I needed it to do, which is organize my research papers. To make matters worse, it "ate" most of my pdfs and I am unable to recover them. I can see them as Punkea tags in Punkea folders and they retain their file extensions,, but I can't open them.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: