From Mozilla Labs:
Prism is a XULRunner based browser that hosts Web applications without the normal Web browser user interface. WebRunner is based on a concept called Site Specific Browsers (SSB). An SSB is an application with an embedded browser designed to work exclusively with a single web application. This application will be located in the Start menu on Windows. Fill out the URL of the website you want to turn into an application, give it a name and select where you want the shortcut to be created, then click OK.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Gain instant access to music artists by genre.
- Display windows hierarchy.
- Find and test your installed fonts at once.
- Expand your Internet searching capabilities by getting quick ac...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Create a unique Microsoft Internet Explorer toolbar.
- Search for files, as well as keywords in a group of files, and ...
- Get access to MapQuest maps and directions.
- Navigate the Web with a pop-up killer, form filler, and quick-s...
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Nice Idea & a suggestion"
Version: Prism 1.0 beta 1
Very nice and handy idea, felt like I was looking for it.
I don't like opening new browser page when clicking hyperlinks.
I suggest to open these links inside the application, and to open links under other domains in new browser page.
And it'll be very nice to give the ability to ban opening links from other domains, thus it can be used for safe browsing for children for example.