From Mozilla Labs:
Prism is a XULRunner based browser that hosts Web applications without the normal Web browser user interface. WebRunner is based on a concept called Site Specific Browsers (SSB). An SSB is an application with an embedded browser designed to work exclusively with a single web application. This application will be located in the Start menu on Windows. Fill out the URL of the website you want to turn into an application, give it a name and select where you want the shortcut to be created, then click OK.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Monitor your processor temperature via a graph at the bottom of...
- Enable six types of Web browsers in your system.
- Display windows hierarchy.
- Integrate visualization of Web sites and all other programs wit...
- Find and test your installed fonts at once.
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Search for files, as well as keywords in a group of files, and ...
- Add a QR code for quick access to current page.
- Collect all your running applications and minimize them on syst...
- Navigate the Web with a pop-up killer, form filler, and quick-s...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Nice Idea & a suggestion"
Version: Prism 1.0 beta 1
Very nice and handy idea, felt like I was looking for it.
I don't like opening new browser page when clicking hyperlinks.
I suggest to open these links inside the application, and to open links under other domains in new browser page.
And it'll be very nice to give the ability to ban opening links from other domains, thus it can be used for safe browsing for children for example.