CNET Editors' review
Let Postimage capture your image and post it automatically. This free screen capture tool is optimized for posting and sharing images, directly, as well as saving them locally. Postimage can even copy the URLs of shared images to your system's Clipboard. Postimage runs in Windows XP to 8.
When you first run Postimage, it doesn't open with a traditional GUI but instead places an icon in the system tray. Clicking this icon opens Postimage's main menu, which accesses all controls, settings, and options. It's an intuitive, easy-to-manage setup. For example, a submenu let us capture any open window on the desktop from a list instead of bringing it to the top. A History submenu let us quickly access recent work, and clicking "Output" let us send screen captures To Editor, To Web, To Clipboard, or To File with a click or two. It's so much faster than doing it step-by-step, or at least it is once you've set up Postimage to do what you want. Under the Settings, we could tell Postimage to save our upload history and then copy the URL to the Clipboard, set the name and file formats, configure Hot keys and Proxy settings, and enter Account API Keys. Of course, you can save images and upload them at any time by clicking "Upload Images," browsing to an image, and then following the wizard to either upload the image directly to a variety of destinations (including family-safe and adult options) or opening it in the image editor and then saving and uploading it.
In most ways, Postimage works like most screen capture tools. What sets it apart is the time and effort it saves when you want to post or share the images it captures.
Postimage is a very easy to use application that was especially designed to provide you with a means of taking snapshots of your entire desktop or of a portion of it. You can manually set the area size and after the capture is made, the image can be saved or shared online directly. Postimage can also send to the system clipboard the URL of a shared screenshot, so you can save it easily.
What's new in this version: Version 1.0.1 fixed a few minor bugs.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Edit, adjust, filter, and collage your images; take your photos...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Quick & Easy but had other problems"
Version: Postimage 0.9.3
Very quick & easy to use, capture then save or copy to paste, right there, no navigation to learn. No nonsense application; captures screens/regions and that's what it does.
1 - I couldn't get it to work with extended monitor. Finally got it to work but acted weird. it would take picture of screen on extended monitor, move to main monitor and then allow you to retake picture again from there. (OS XP)
2 - I'm having problems removing it, without an uninstall program. I uninstalled from control panel (no longer shows on list) but quick launch still enacts full functionality. I'm going to have to google how to uninstall separate files. it always worries me when programs do this, makes me wonder why.
If I hadn't bought Full-shot I would have kept it
"Simple, lightweight, does exactly what I want"
Version: Postimage 0.9.1
Hides to task tray and uses Print Screen button
Resizeable retangular selection
Copy and save destination aren't hidden in the main application window but is positioned next to the selection box
Nice lightweight editing tool for making text notes or marking on the photo
I haven't found one yet.
I've used all the top rated free screenshot tools on CNET and non of them are anywhere as good as this one.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content