CNET Editors' review
We have to admit we were skeptical. We've messed around in Photoshop before and had no idea what we were doing. Portrait Professional promised to be easy, but how easy could it be? Surely it would require some kind of photo-editing skills, right? Wrong.
We are not exaggerating when we say that anyone could use this program. It doesn't really get any easier than this. Open a photo, and the program guides you though the process of adjusting a series of outlines over the subject's facial features. Even this doesn't have to be exact. Once you've done this, the program works its magic, and you're done. For users who want to do a little more fine-tuning, there are separate controls for adjusting facial dimensions and skin characteristics. The main drawback to this program is that users run the risk of making photos look a little too good, which is to say, unrealistic. Portrait subjects will end up with magazine-perfect complexions, which may not be what you're going for. Users will also need to be careful about adjusting things like mouth shape and jaw line; the results may be more attractive than the original, but may end up looking nothing like the subject. Still, this program provides an incredibly easy and efficient way to edit portraits, and overall we were quite impressed with the results. The built-in Help guide is not particularly detailed, but it's adequate.
Portrait Professional is free to try, but the trial version leaves a watermark on images. The program installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
From Anthropics Technology:
Portrait Professional is a computer program that has been trained in male and female beauty. The software has been shown hundreds of examples of beautiful photographs of human faces, and using sophisticated statistical techniques, it has learnt how to subtly enhance photographs to make them more beautiful.
Portrait Professional requires no artistic skill. All you have to do is identify some points on the photo such as the corners of the eyes, the edges of the lips, and the software then calculates how to make your subject look their absolute best. It allows you to choose how much to enhance the lighting, the skin texture, and even how many wrinkles to remove. Portrait Professional enhances people in the same way lighting and makeup is used to make someone look more attractive.
More Products to Consider
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Improve the facial structure on your photos with retouching and...
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create photo collages in a few minutes.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Image editing tools.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Modify and add effects to your image and photos.
- Rotate JPEG photos without affecting their quality.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 80 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"SO FAST!! and gives remarkable results within minutes!"
Version: Portrait Professional 11.3.4
I save hours touching up photos in Photoshop CS6 with trial and error versions.. I can see the changes and every step and have ultimate control.
Upgrades are about 1/2 the price but at least not too close together so it's not terribly expensive to Upgrade.
I will continue to use this as my favorite Portrait software for a very long time.
"Good product, even got a free upgrade"
Version: Portrait Professional 11.3.4
Works very well in a heartbeat. I even recieved an instant upgrade from version 11 to version 12 without asking. Recieved e-mail with confirmation and serial number in minutes of placing the order. It adjusted the first photo I put in it in about 8 seconds. It was so intuitive (if you are familiar with Photoshop or Lightroom, etc) that I made additional adjustments without even refering to the PDF manual which you should download after purchase, or downloading the trail version.
Support is spotty as mentioned many times in other posts. It may overdo things just a bit, but you can change the saved settings to what you prefer for all future automatic adjustments it does. See my Summary about the problem I seemed to have when ordering. It was my fault, not theirs.
Unlike some, I even recieved an e-mail with confirmation and serial number in minutes of placing the order. Oh, and since I live in the US and was ordering from England, I had to notify my bank card to allow a one-time purchase with details before the World-Pay System would approve my order. Duh, dumb me.