CNET Editors' review
PopClip for Mac is designed to make copying and pasting text just a bit faster, while providing quick access to a useful set of extensions. By integrating a number of mouse and keyboard shortcuts into your desktop, you can get certain things done much faster than if you were using the standard interface, especially if you use this app to its full potential.
After installing PopClip for Mac you'll need to turn on accessibility options so it can work properly. From there, however, it will live in your menu bar and every time you highlight text, a menu will pop up and ask if you want to copy, cut, or paste, along with a search button. This is the core functionality of the app, but you can add more from the Preferences, change how these options appear, or go to the Web site and install new extensions that expand on what the app can do by adding delete functions, duplication functions, and more. The app is designed to be a hybrid macro system and it works well if you take the time to build those shortcuts into it based on what you use most often.
PopClip makes a fairly quick task slightly faster, so it's not a necessity for everyone. The app is free to try, though, so if you want to know if it will make your life easier, you can download and check out the full version for free with a $3.99 upgrade fee to keep it. It's worth it for those that work with a lot of code or text.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of PopClip for Mac 1.4.9.
From Pilotmoon Software:
PopClip appears when you select text with your mouse, and puts Cut, Copy and Paste at your fingertips.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed bug where tooltips would sometimes stay on screen after PopClip had disappeared.
- Fixed bug where the preferences window would sometimes become blank, with no content.
- Fixed bug where PopClip caused the Warp Stabilizer plugin in Adobe After Affects to fail.
- Fixed bug where PopClip caused drop-down menus in Firefox to behave weirdly.
- Improved the accuracy of the Word Count extension, particularly for Chinese and Japanese texts.
- Smaller fi... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Text utility for the visually impaired.
- Organize notes with tags.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- Clipboard manager.
- Driver for their mice and trackballs.
- AirPlay mirror your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to any Mac.
- Minimalistic pasteboard enhancement.
- Clean up formatting when you paste text into a different applic...
- Realbasic classes to read and contol mouse events.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content