CNET Editors' review
Pop Art Studio is a versatile program that allows users to perform all the typical image-editing functions and a few cool extras, as well.
The program's interface is a bit overwhelming at first, with a whole lot of little buttons across the top, but, on the whole, it is well-organized and intuitive. Users who are familiar with the basics of photo-editing software should find most of what they're looking for pretty easily. There are the typical options for cropping, resizing, retouching, working with layers, and so-on. What makes this program different is the variety of pop-art effects it contains. Yes, they're cliched and kind of cheesy, but they're still fun. And Pop Art Studio contains a whole lot of them. There are multiple Warhol effects that are based on the different color palettes of his more famous works, as well as mosaics, oil painting, pointillism, and many more. All of these are easy to use (that's what most of the little buttons control at the top of the interface), and we had fun playing around with them. The program's Help file is relatively well-written and comprehensive, although we were disappointed that it didn't contain any instructions for using the program's animation features.
Pop Art Studio doesn't have a time limit on its trial, but it does put a watermark on images created using the trial version. The program installs desktop icons without asking, but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
From Arjan Romein:
With Pop Art Studio create your own Pop Art masterpieces in the famous Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein Style. Pop Art Studio is a graphics editing software. It supports BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG and TIFF formatted images. Pop Art Studio contains many Andy Warhol effects and the famous Roy Lichtenstein effect. The program provides an endless selection of text and drawing tools, filters and color adjustment capabilities. Layers allow you to create complex compositions.
What's new in this version: Version 6.4 has improved user interface and added multiple photos to your Pop Art project.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Create stunning collages quickly and effortlessly.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Add effects to your Windows desktop.
- Learn reflexology and shiatsu self massage to stimulate your bo...
- Analyze your subconscious self number to learn how to react in ...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"No support help whatsoever for broken registration key"
Version: Pop Art Studio 4.5
Great program when registration key works.
Do not buy this until they will stand behind it. There is no customer service after three emails for assistance. No way to treat a customer who has paid good money for this. Why can't you assist me?? What is wrong with you. Unethical creatures.
Program is no good without valid registration key. My key worked for two months and I was able to develop some great images. I would even re-buy the product if I knew the key would remain valid. BUT WITH NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT, I REFUSE TO MAKE THEM ANY RICHER. BAD PEOPLE, GOOD PRODUCT WHEN IT WORKS.
"it's fun being warhol, lichtenstein, klee, mondrian, etc..."
Version: Pop Art Studio 2.2
apply many famous artist styles to image and see the results; you can adjust various degrees of contrast, sizes, colors, whatever...
since you can't save anything you create nor enlarge to a full screen view (you have to pay $65 for a code), i use the faststone image capture tool and i'm satisfied with the result...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content