CNET Editors' review
We've reviewed innumerable screen-capture utilities, ranging from tiny bare-bones programs to those that are practically image editing suites unto themselves. Plixia definitely falls closer to the bare-bones end of the spectrum, offering the very basics in screen-capture features and not much else. There are plenty of other programs that can do much more, but if you only need the basics, Plixia is worth looking at.
When Plixia is running it appears as an icon in the system tray. Double-click on it and your screen will go slightly gray, letting you know that Plixia is active. Then simply select the area you want to capture with your cursor and release; Plixia will automatically display your image in a plain interface with a few buttons that give you options for working with it. You can copy the image to the clipboard, save it, print it, or delete it. That is the entirety of what Plixia does; there are no other features and no Help file. Although we are partial to screen-capture tools that can grab the active window, full screen, or a selected part of the screen automatically, if you don't like fooling around with a bunch of features, Plixia is the program for you. What it lacks in ability it makes up for in simplicity.
Plixia comes as a ZIP file. It installs and uninstalls without issues.
Use Plixia to capture whatever you see on you screen. It's a simple, aesthetic, and easy process. Click the Plixia icon beside your system clock, drag your mouse around whatever you want a shot of, choose how you want to share that capture, and BAM! you're done. You can save the shot as a file, copy the image to your clipboard, print it, or just cancel the shot. Plixia is very lightweight and conservative with it's use of system resources so that your computer's performance won't be affected by Plixia.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3 improves scrolling and corrects back-end structures and labels.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Search your Windows system very quickly using an index of files...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Record videos from your screen, webcam or other video devices o...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:1.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
Version: Plixia 1.3
simple to use
no extras bare mininum
"I too tried to load it, NO GOOD. Win7"
Version: Plixia 1.3
"prog wouldn't start. Tried again - same results"
Version: Plixia 1.3
Wouldn't work, so NO pros.
Couldn't get the software to open up, so just a big fat zero!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: