Playback allows you to share your media with any Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or other UPnP compatible device. It automatically integrates with iTunes, iPhoto, Aperture, Adobe Lightroom 2 & 3, Photobooth, EyeTV, and more. You can share all content from these applications or choose specific playlists and albums. Playback can also share media stored in folders or even make entire disks available to your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360. By default, Playback will share almost any content on your system. No configuration required. If you prefer to tinker, you'll appreciate Playback's built-in access control list (ACL) and bandwidth throttling. The ACL allows you to control which devices have access to your media. Bandwidth throttling limits the transfer rate from your computer to your UPnP device so others on your network can still surf the web and check their email. Of course, if speed is your thing, we've got that too. Playback was engineered for extreme speed. Your media is served via nginx. Nginx is known for its high performance, stability, rich feature set, simple configuration, and low resource consumption. Nginx powers several high-visibility sites, such as WordPress, Hulu, Github, Ohloh, SourceForge and TorrentReactor. Other features include Growl notifications, on-screen thumbnails powered by QuickLook.
What's new in this version:
- New: Better sorting for iTunes artists & albums.
- New: iTunes U videos are now listed by course.
- New: Support for Adobe Lightroom 4.
- Fixed: Xbox freeze on "Opening..." screen.
- Fixed: Crash introduced in version 1.8.11.
- Other: Various tweaks, improvements, and fixes.
- Other: This version drops support for Mac OS ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Manage your personal video collection.
- Control model railroad layouts with your Mac.
- Read online print media content.
- Media sharing from your Mac to your Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Organize, visualize, and maintain your family history.
- Access Bonjour services on home or office networks from anywher...
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Track and hunt all your media.
- Organize your Mail attachments from the menu bar.
- Blood glucose reading tracking for diabetics.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Helps users manage the books in their library.
- A simple recipe manager with customizable ingredients lists.
- Parse, extract & create Matroska files.
- Import your video collection into iTunes.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simple setup, flawless perfomrance"
Version: Playback 1.8.12
Up and working in a minute
Smart access to mac files via the Xbox, included mac organizational folders
Video streams fine even over old wifi set up
haven't found any yet
Just got my son and xbox 360 for Christmas and was upset to find out you can't copy video, photos or images to the xbox's hard drive. Only solution for playing back many family-related images and video was to find a streaming solution. Tried Window Media Center but most of my files are on my mac, and I wanted to stream directly from the mac. Did research and bought this program. It's fantastic. Installed and immediately up and running on my iMac without any tweaked needed. Xbox immediately recognized my mac and I was streaming photos, my video collection and my iTunes music. Even better, the software retains Apple "categories" like Albums, Artists, Genre, etc for itunes and "Events" in iPhoto. So Playback is iLife friendly. Couldnnt have asked for an easier or better implemented software. made MY Christmas!