From Microcosm Software:
Play Sound is a simple, no-fuss sound player for Mac OS X. It supports QuickTime sound files (for example, AIFF or MP3 files), Classic Mac OS System 7 sound files (files with a file type of 'sfil' that contain 'snd ' resources), or any 'snd ' resources embedded into any file. You can play an unlimited number of sounds concurrently or one at a time. You can loop sounds, repeat sounds, play specified portions of sounds, control the volume of sounds played, pause and continue sound play, and press the Escape or Command-Period keys to abort sound play.
To use Play Sound as a simple sound file player, simply drag and drop the sound file(s) onto the Play Sound icon in the Mac OS Finder. Better yet, you can configure the Mac OS X Finder to automatically open sound files with Play Sound whenever you double-click them (see Using Play Sound As a Sound Player in the documentation for easy instructions showing how to do this).
Play Sound is fully scriptable, allowing AppleScript writers to use simple, easy-to-understand English syntax to play most QuickTime-supported sound files, Classic Mac OS System 7 sound files, and even 'snd ' resources that are embedded directly in script applets. To script Play Sound, you call it from any AppleScript script or application.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a bug where Play Sound, on Mac OS X 10.5, was not handling sound file paths sent as Unicode text strings.
- Fixed a bug where Play Sound would return a "player status" of "quitting" if you sent a quit command, but sounds were still playing. Now, Play Sound will return "playing" until all sounds are done playing, and then return "quitting" just before quit.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Sound editor supporting 20 file formats & multi-track files.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Music player with a simple and minimalistic interface. Powerful...
- Create a text catalog of your old sounds.
- Extracts & restores Get Info comments (rerelease).
- Convert Fadal programs to other milling machines.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Ultrasimple sound effect and music player.
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1