CNET Editors' review
Photoinstrument provides a stunning amount of control when editing photos. Even with all the controls, the program still manages to be simple to operate, especially for those willing to invest the time.
Our first impressions were not positive since the program's interface looked slightly childish, thanks to command icons that are all various smiley faces. Fortunately, the tutorial videos that pop up immediately prove that this is a serious tool and seriously easy. We smoothly navigated the program's functions that are represented by the previously mentioned smileys, each offering ways to shade, erase blemishes, and even erase features (the tutorial's example shaves a few centimeters from a man's chin in a profile photo). It was a relief to find that all the tools followed the same pattern of adjusting the size and intensity with sliders and by clicking and dragging the changes on the picture. While a little clumsy at first, the tools got easier with a little practice. The best we tested were the tools that subtly erased blemishes because they smoothly blended the skin defects into the healthy flesh. Our favorite feature was its Original button, which let us toggle between the changes and the untouched photo. Overall, each tool was effective and simple to understand, though each required patience in perfecting.
Photoinstrument's trial does not let users save their work. While the program looks childish and takes some practice, its results were professional enough that we recommend it.
From Timur Fatykhov:
PhotoInstrument is a graphics editor used to process digital photographs. With only a few clicks, anyone can solve most digital photo problems like photo editing, photo retouch, draw makeup, and make your photo look like it's taken by a professional photographer. Features include drag and drop to open photos in this photo editor, Copy or Paste image from Clipboard, Batch Resizing (resize multiple images), and save to computer as .JPG, .PNG, .BMP, and other file formats.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit icon files with easy-to-use TrueColor icon edit...
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- View, edit, and convert various types of images.
- Apply makeup in your digital photos.
- Create and modify background tiles for your Web sites.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, retouch, and copy image files from one platform to anothe...
- Make yourself look gorgeous on the photos.
- Refine your digital photos, draw artwork, or produce graphics f...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Remove defects and apply makeup to your pictures.
- Create impressive Flash banners and Web pages.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Manage, retouch, and create Web albums on your PC.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-6 of 6
"Excellent Programme ."
Version: PhotoInstrument 5.8 Build 586
No hiccups . Does what it says . No installation problems .
None Whatsoever .
A Good software that would be better if it came with the Crown Jewels .
"Terrible, not Cnet."
Version: PhotoInstrument 5.4 Build 545
Works great but my computer security won't let it in.
Not being able to use. Hope Cnet cleans out the junk.
"What a hell!"
Version: PhotoInstrument 4.7 Build 486
What is different between your program and Makeup Instrument? It's clone. And it's expensive
For what did u do it? Find 10 different.
"Use this program often."
Version: PhotoInstrument 4.1 build 409
Easy to use.
Needs and easy undo that doesn't undo everything
Easy install, easy to use.
"Don't download this software, it contains a trojan"
Version: PhotoInstrument 3.0 build 309
NOTHING: I did not scan this software after download because I trust cnet website, that it will not given any virus/trojan etc. But when I installed this software, Avira Antivirus traced a trojain in this software.
you can see the proof of trojan on the link
To CNet Staff: Kindly remove this product from your website. I trusted Cnet that I will never ever get any virus/trojan/spyware etc. in the softwares that I download from Cnet, but today I got so much hurt that I found a trojan in the software that I downloaded from cnet.. Kindly remove this product.
Proof of Trojan: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_U0s51hg6Nzs/SyNuj5MbR1I/AAAAAAAAAHY/Rec51TOQ9Jk/trojan.jpg
To all Users: don't download this software if you want to save your computer
"Very usefull tool."
Version: PhotoInstrument 2.9 build 268
Easy to use, it does and excellent job removing unwanted objects.
Price, interface needs to be polished.