CNET Editors' review
Editing and adjusting images manually can be quite time-consuming. But what if you could process multiple images automatically? Photo Sense for Mac offers powerful yet easy-to-use tools for effective, automated, and fast photo editing. However, there's a steep price to pay for such a basic application.
Photo Sense for Mac comes with a free demo version, which is limited in features and adds a watermark to saved images. The full version costs $33.99. The app, itself, is very light, and the installation is quick and easy with the usual drag and drop. Upon running the app, a quick start guide will introduce new users to the interface and the core function of the app. You can do individual or bulk image editing, just by simply dropping your images into the application window. The UI is clean and bare bones. The toolbar allows quick access to all the basic functions such as crop, move, zoom, and rotate. After the image is selected, a window will pop up showing the user all sorts of enhancements they could perform with the app. There are one-click quick adjustments and also more advanced adjustments such as color correction, brightness, contrast, etc. After you're done with the adjustments, the images can be exported in many ways.
For users who are not put off by a rather high price, Photo Sense for Mac might be worth checking out. It is a lightweight and basic image editor that works well and supports batch processing.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Photo Sense for Mac 1.10.0.
Photo Sense is a powerful, but very easy to use batch photo enhancement application for Mac. It makes your photographs more attractive quickly and easily, without spending a lot of time and money on learning, purchasing, and using professional photo editing software. Photo Sense enhances photos automatically, and allows you to customize results to your liking. It ensures that you get great results very quickly by supporting batch processing and image settings synchronization. In addition, you can give photos an artistic finishing touch by applying various creative effects.
Instead of adjusting every photograph manually, as required in traditional photo editing software, just let Photo Sense process multiple photos completely automatically. Then save the results you like. If you wish to improve the automatic results, choose what adjustments (color correction, exposure, contrast, saturation, sharpening, noise reduction etc.) should be applied to particular photographs (the semi-automatic customization). Furthermore, you can fine-tune the results manually as in traditional image editing software if you wish.
The unique automatic photo enhancement algorithm implemented in Photo Sense embraces everything its developers learned during over 6 years of professional photography experience. The only shortcoming the application has compared to manual processing is the lack of human vision, which sometimes can lead to a suboptimal choice of automatic image processing parameters. With the tools provided by Photo Sense (two customization levels, batch processing, image settings synchronization etc.) you can perfect the automatic results easily and quickly.
What's new in this version:
- Integrated batch image metadata (IPTC/EXIF) editor.
- Resize Sense and Watermark Sense integration.
- TIFF files can now be saved without LZW compression.
- Behavior and user interface improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
- No more Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize photos and convert images to popular formats.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Photo editor with direct online publishing and unlimited undo.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Convert your images to various formats.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Remove EXIF tag information within digital photos.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps.
- View comic and manga images.
- Perform link checking, XML sitemap, HTML validity, SEO checks o...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Professional-grade raw converter and image editor.
- Find files by name.
- Combine pictures and effects to create amazing images.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simple but fairly effective image editing software"
Version: Photo Sense 1.0.1
Very simple and easy to learn even for people who have no prior knowledge of image. It works mostly automatically and the results are generally pretty good. Batch processing.
Very limited possibilities for tweaking the editing process.
A reasonably good solution for those who don't want to spend much time on learning how to edit their images. However, even iPhoto offers more possibilties for personal input into the editing process, not to mention Photoshop Elements. The $30 price tag, therefore, seems pretty steep.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content