CNET Editors' review
Photo Cropper is a basic image-cropping utility. We're not sure how a program could take a function as simple as cropping and make it so complicated, but Photo Cropper has succeeded in doing this.
The program's interface is composed of three large boxes and makes no sense. We were immediately annoyed by the fact that dragging and dropping is the only way for users to get images into the program; there's no File menu. Once we opened an image, it was not immediately obvious how we were to go about cropping it. It turns out that clicking Edit or Add--it doesn't seem to matter which--opens a dialog box that allows users to adjust the crop settings. Here, users set where they want to crop the photo, as well as the scale and the mode (lossless or recompress). In this portion of the program, it seemed that when we clicked on the image to adjust the cropped area, the cursor inexplicably jumped to a portion of the screen not in use, making it impossible to crop the photo. We had successes in cropping once, but the other times were unsuccessful. The program's online Help file is extremely brief and unhelpful. Really, the program only does one thing, and it doesn't do it well.
Photo Cropper is free. It installs desktop icons without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We do not recommend this program; there are too many other ways to crop photos that actually work.
SeasideSoft Photo Cropper can crop Jpeg pictures without loss of quality and loss of Exif information. Pictures in the JPEG format can be cropped without loss of quality. Pictures in the JPEG format can be cropped without loss of Exif information. Two or more pictures can be cropped in bulk.
Version 188.8.131.52 modified window UI.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 modified window UI.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Rotate JPEG photos without affecting their quality.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Rectify photos with the help of photogrammetry.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Create various special effects.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Does one thing well"
Version: Photo Cropper 220.127.116.11
Allows you to crop photos to a specific pixel dimension rather than aspect ratio, which is necessary when your monitor is an odd size and you want to make wallpapers to fit without looking stretched out.
You do have to guess your way through it, but that only took about a minute.
Does what is is supposed to do when there are not too many other options available.