CNET Editors' review
Easily create passwords to your specifications with this freeware password-generation tool. Password Miner's dialog interface is easy to master. The Help file is just a two page read me file (misleading in one case), but the program is dead simple to understand.
Operating Password Miner is as easy as falling down. Enter a master password, a URL or keyword, and a username. Click a few options to set password length and type. Then press the generate button to get a unique password. Where this app misleads is to claim the passwords are random. If so, they couldn't be recreated by entering the same master, user, and URL. What this program does is use an algorithm to make a password based on the seed data. That makes it a program that will help users remember only their Master Password. Enter it, the URL, and username anytime you need to see Password Miner's recommended password for that site and user.
The app takes an extra step by storing URLs when requested. Passwords can include small or capital letters, numbers, and symbols. Password length is limited to a 1000-character maximum. We didn't test anything larger than 20.
It's too bad that Password Miner isn't a portable application. It would be great to carry on a USB toolbox. Home, office, and laptop users who need an easy method to recreate passwords should give this app a thorough test. It's more secure than apps that simply store passwords.
Password Miner is a new idea of Password managers, it keeps your password safe, without the need to remember any of them. at the mean time it mixes the idea of having a password for each different account, and at the same time you have to remember only one master word. Features of the Program Completely random generation of passwords. Three optional inputs to create your passwords. Four Different password generating options (Capitals, smalls, numbers, and Symbols). Passwords generated are up to 1000 characters. You don't have to remember the passwords, all you have to do is to enter the master word and keywords and then you will have your password again. No need for databases and files, there is no data to be saved. therefore no loss will occur. Doesn't need to save any files, so your passwords are completely safe from strangers. Easy to use interface. The program has the ability to remember the keywords and usernames.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Store your website passwords, notes, reminders, and credit card...
- Store and secure your account numbers and passwords.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Aggregate e-mail messages from a set of user's online mailboxes...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Download information on any messages in your POP3 e-mail accoun...
- Store your usernames, passwords, and Web sites they are used at...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Manage all of your online accounts and serial numbers.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Bring your passwords to order with a tree structure and a stron...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Access any of your Web accounts with one PIN number.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Manage and secure your passwords.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Keep all your passwords safe in one place.
- Organize and manage usernames and passwords.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"my antivirus killed it!!"
Version: Password Miner 1
i don't know cuz it didn't work
quick heal, marked it as a "trojan"
download.com team, please check
the makers should maybe review it's integration....
"Great Idea, yet very easy"
Version: Password Miner 1
Very easy and simple to use, very secure, no files saved on computer, no need for internet access.
needs form filling features