From Panda Security:
Panda Antivirus for Mac offers Mac users complete protection against viruses and other Internet threats. Mac users have always believed they were safe from malware attacks. Yet this is definitely not the case. Malware for Mac is specific. It is different from the malware that infects PCs, and we are now witnessing an increase in attacks that specifically target this environment. Moreover, it is silent malware, acting on the computer without the user's knowledge. So Mac users are now vulnerable to infections, just like PC users. With the globalization of the Internet, nobody is safe from threats, and Panda delivers the protection that Mac users need Real-time protection: Panda Antivirus for Mac protects your computer in real time against infections. Whenever an infection is detected and blocked. Malware is automatically sent to quarantine Smart, automatic updates: Panda Antivirus for Mac updates the virus signature file via the Internet to protect your Mac from the latest tretas Quarantine: Every time Panda Antivirus for Mac detects an infection, the file is sent to quarantine. So files are easily recovered and restored in the event of false positives Minimum resource consumption: Threats are neutralized without impacting the system. Panda Antivirus for Mac works silently in the background, minimizing resource consumption. Powerful scanning capacity: Panda Antivirus for Mac scans for malware in other Mac products, such as iPad, iPhone and iPod touch when they are connected to the Mac
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Our free Antivirus for Mac keeps you safe from all the latest M...
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Fight malware that threaten your security on your Mac and iPhon...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protect your Mac from viruses and spyware.
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Recover your stolen Mac.
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Create training, presentation, and demo videos.
- Strongly encrypt important data and personal info.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Automate tasks with this macro & automation tool.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Convert files between flv, mpeg 1/2/4, 3gp, mp3, m4a, wmv, wma,...
- Record keystrokes, IM chats, track visited websites, take scree...
- EDonkey P2P client.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Terrible for Mac"
Version: Panda Antivirus 1.0
None. The way it's so terrible, it doesn't even deserve a 1 star.
1. It didn't really scan any virus or malware
2. Gave me the message "It stopped scanning because malwares have been updated"
3. My new rMBP had a problem shutting down after installing Panda and Adium.
I love Panda in my Windows-based laptop and recently I got a Macbook Pro Retina, I thought Panda would be a great antivirus for my rMBP since it was awesome with my Windows laptop. I tried the trial version of the Panda Antivirus for Mac and I'm so glad I did that rather than paying the paid version right away.
I never had a problem installing the antivirus and I did a scan on my Mac but it said that it stopped scanning because it said that it had "malware updates" (or something like that). I wasn't sure what to do about it so I just let it sit in my Mac since it's only a trial version.
The problem I encountered was when I had to shut down my Mac. It wasn't shutting down and I had to force it to shut down. The only thing I installed aside from Panda was the Adium social messenger which I haven't tried out yet. But I'm assuming the problem was with either of those two: Panda or Adium.
Either way, I'm uninstalling both of them and I'll just stay with my ClamXav and my Ccleaner (to delete caches).
Hope this helps to anyone reading this.
"Scan function wouldn't launch - said to try later"
Version: Panda Antivirus 1.0
Couldn't find any because it never worked.
The program didn't work.
When I tried to scan my iMac, the scan function wouldn't launch. It stated to try again later. If it needed to scan my mac in order to set itself up properly, it should have stated that. I uninstalled the program. I'm glad that I didn't pay for it.