From Critical Tools:
PERT Chart Expert is project management software used to plan and display projects using a PERT chart (also known as a Network Chart, Precedence Diagram or Logic Diagram). The simple click and drag interface makes scheduling projects a snap. PERT Chart Expert unscrambles the tasks and dependency lines so you can create your project plans quickly and easily. PERT Chart Expert calculates Critical Path as you go so you'll always know those tasks that have the most impact on the schedule. PERT Chart Expert is both a standalone planning program and an add-on to Microsoft Project. Create charts directly from existing MS Project plans. A toolbar button is installed into MS Project for easy transfer of data. Changes made in the PERT chart are immediately reflected in the MS Project plan. You can add, delete, reorganize and update tasks in your MS Project plan using the PERT chart. PERT Chart Expert contains extensive PERT charting capabilities unlike those found in MS Project.
What's new in this version: Version 2.8a adds compatibility to all versions of MS Project including Project 2013.
More Products to Consider
- Plan and display projects using a WBS chart.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Increase your accuracy and productivity in organizing tasks and...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Provide professional data visualization component suite for SSR...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- View and understand Project Server 2003 Setup Flow Diagram.
- Plan schedules, monitor work progress, and report your results.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create and revize process and workflow diagrams without ever us...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create a timeline chart without MS Project 2010.
- Create quality flowcharts for various needs.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage your project portfolios using SMART ranking, fast optimi...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Power up your project management.
- Build Gantt charts without MS Project and linked to your own da...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
All versions:0 stars Be the first to review this product
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"very useful, simple, standalone or MSP add-on"
Version: PERT Chart Expert 2.6
It's easy to use as a standalone to create project networks. It does a far better job of laying out network diagrams than MSP.
No cons for my use of it.
I used earlier versions a decade ago, and added this review so this product wouldn't get overlooked by searchers.
It doesn't have a lot of MS bloat.
The feature to map the network laterally onto a calendar, and divide horizontally by a choice of attribute, is a godsend for wall-charting to present progress and show where holdups are occurring. It makes Gantt charts redundant in that respect, and packs a lot more information into a small visual space. It makes a good introduction to critical chain, too, because the path through the project can be seen simultaneously in both task and resource.