CNET Editors' reviewAlthough Outlook Express Backup's purpose is fairly narrow, it does what it does very well, with a full complement of features we expect to see in a good backup utility. Its name defines its limits; this program will back up your Outlook Express e-mail and configuration files. However, it does go a bit beyond that by also backing up Internet Explorer bookmarks and any files that you manually select. The interface is nice and clean, highlighting its three main functions: backing up, restoring, and scheduling. A wizard walks you through the creation of a backup, which is useful for novice users. The program includes essential features for a backup utility, such as the ability to schedule jobs, compression of backup files, and encryption of your archive. You also can choose the level of compression and encryption. One unfortunate drawback is that you can't include folders among the manually selected files, making it inappropriate for more general backups. This program is extremely useful for those who use Outlook Express and don't know where its files are hidden. If you can figure that out, however, a more general backup utility is a better option.
Create backups or archives of all your Outlook Express data with support for multiple identities to virtually any storage media using on-the-fly compression. Outlook Express Backup supports automatic media spanning and has an automatic backup scheduler. You can backup as a self-executable EXE file, this feature allows you to backup your data in the form of a standalone EXE file that can be executed on any machine even if Outlook Express Backup is not installed.
You can backup: Multiple Identities, Message Rules, All accounts, Preferences, Block Senders, Signatures, Stationery, Windows Address Book, Internet Explorer settings and Windows Favorites. you can also view e-mails inside the backup file without having to restore them first. Outlook Express Backup supports a wide selection of storage media, it can backup to hard disk locations, LAN, FTP, CD, DVD, removable devices etc ... and it gives the user a choice between 3 backup modes, Normal Backup, Incremental Backup, and Mirror Backup
What's new in this version: Version 6.5.121 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Save your Outlook e-mail to any drive.
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Save your Outlook Express data and environment settings.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Back up or restore e-mail data with Outlook and Outlook Express...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Make a copy of your messages to prevent their losing.
- Backup and transfer all your Outlook Express data.
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Allow kids to draw pictures and send them to people in their e-...
- Get rid of spam messages in your inbox.
- Back up, restore, and transfer your MS Outlook files.
- Recover defective directories in Outlook Express.
- Use your Global Address List in Outlook Web Access.
- Backup your Flock profile quickly and easily.
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 34 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1