CNET Editors' reviewAlthough Outlook Express Backup's purpose is fairly narrow, it does what it does very well, with a full complement of features we expect to see in a good backup utility. Its name defines its limits; this program will back up your Outlook Express e-mail and configuration files. However, it does go a bit beyond that by also backing up Internet Explorer bookmarks and any files that you manually select. The interface is nice and clean, highlighting its three main functions: backing up, restoring, and scheduling. A wizard walks you through the creation of a backup, which is useful for novice users. The program includes essential features for a backup utility, such as the ability to schedule jobs, compression of backup files, and encryption of your archive. You also can choose the level of compression and encryption. One unfortunate drawback is that you can't include folders among the manually selected files, making it inappropriate for more general backups. This program is extremely useful for those who use Outlook Express and don't know where its files are hidden. If you can figure that out, however, a more general backup utility is a better option.
Create backups or archives of all your Outlook Express data with support for multiple identities to virtually any storage media using on-the-fly compression. Outlook Express Backup supports automatic media spanning and has an automatic backup scheduler. You can backup as a self-executable EXE file, this feature allows you to backup your data in the form of a standalone EXE file that can be executed on any machine even if Outlook Express Backup is not installed.
You can backup: Multiple Identities, Message Rules, All accounts, Preferences, Block Senders, Signatures, Stationery, Windows Address Book, Internet Explorer settings and Windows Favorites. you can also view e-mails inside the backup file without having to restore them first. Outlook Express Backup supports a wide selection of storage media, it can backup to hard disk locations, LAN, FTP, CD, DVD, removable devices etc ... and it gives the user a choice between 3 backup modes, Normal Backup, Incremental Backup, and Mirror Backup
What's new in this version: Version 6.5.121 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Make a copy of your messages to prevent their losing.
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Recover defective directories in Outlook Express.
- Save your Outlook e-mail to any drive.
- Open, view, and extract data from TNEF-encoded messages.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add a virtual webcam with amazing video effects to your video c...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Turn your speech into text format and send voice messages via W...
- Access multiple e-mail accounts, use comprehensive filtering, o...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Compose email messages from another mail message.
- Backup and restore MS Outlook Express messages, accounts, rules...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Record audio and video from your Webcam.
- Back up and restore your e-mail.
- Chat with AIM, Jabber, ICQ, IRC, MSN, and Yahoo messengers.
- Add a virtual Webcam for video chats software such as Skype, MS...
- Show classic menus and toolbars on the ribbon of Microsoft Outl...
- Perform fast and reliable backup and recovery for Microsoft Out...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 34 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1