CNET Editors' review
Easy, useful, and cool, if possible, describes how we like our desktop enhancements, and OneLoupe covers all three bases. Nenad Hrg's free desktop magnifier comes in separate versions for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows; we tried the 64-bit version in Windows 7, but it's ready for Windows 8.1.
OneLoupe is portable freeware, so we extracted the zipped program file and dragged it to the desktop for easy access (our choice). Since it's portable and a mere 81KB in size, OneLoupe runs from practically anywhere, including USB drives. Clicking the extracted file opens the magnifier, a rectangular bar centered on cursor crosshairs, and also places a system tray icon accessing an extensive menu of options, including languages. The first thing we did was change OneLoupe's interface language from German to English, but we could also set hot keys, fullscreen magnification, and open a Help file listing quick commands, such as zooming by scrolling the mouse wheel or pressing P to copy the pixel value to the clipboard. We could disable the program's window border for a cleaner appearance over text, too.
OneLoupe is an easy-to-use and effective onscreen magnifier, especially for text. The 64-bit version performed flawlessly, as has previously been our experience with Nenad Hrg's utilities. In the future, we'd like to be able to set the size and shape of the magnifier window and pin the magnifier open, freeing the cursor without losing our place. But as is, OneLoupe is a handy tool for any desktop.
From Nenad Hrg:
OneLoupe is required to view everything on the screen enlarged. The small Magnifier is always ready when you need it to view all fine details, even the small print in the I-Net to decipher. OneLoupe is very practical and user-friendly. And it is virtually no burden on the system, an installation is not required. Once placed on the desktop, it is always ready for use. It is also suitable for people with visual impairments.
What's new in this version: Version 3.61 includes language files updates and did test and verification of Screen-Magnifier for Win 8.1.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Keep track of your sober and smoke free time.
- Create your own global hotkeys for your computer.
- Get a collection of 10 quality icons based on the Winter Collec...
- Display all opened projects as tab sheet.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- View the latest posted oDesk job opening.
- View custom-made images of peaceful forests.
- View custom-made images of Zodiak.
- View Google Analytics reports with this desktop widget.
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content