CNET Editors' review
Anyone who's ever tried to open or edit an important Microsoft Word or Excel document, only to find it's protected by a long-lost or never-known password, will appreciate PasswordUnlocker's Office Password Unlocker. It's a handy tool that unlocks password-protected Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access documents so they can be opened and edited by anyone. You can also use it to recover forgotten Office passwords. It's compatible with all versions of Microsoft Office from 97 to 2007.
Office Password Unlocker opens with a basic gray dialog box typical of the Office family, which means functional but unexciting in an efficient, businesslike way. You can select one of three password attack modes: Brute-Force Attack, Brute-Force with Mask Attack, for when some password symbols are known, and Dictionary Attack. The Dictionary Attack mode is based on a customizable dictionary that you create to your specifications. There's a Help file in the File Menu and functional control icons. You enter the full file path to the locked document, click OK, and Office Password Unlocker gets cracking. There's an option to save a recovery process to resume it later, if it's interrupted or runs long. In tests, the program quickly unlocked Word documents for opening and editing.
Office Password Unlocker is free to try and $18.69 to buy. The trial version won't display passwords longer than three characters, and it disables the Password to Open and Password to Modify command. It works in all versions of Windows from 2000 to 7, including NT and Vista.
Office Password Unlocker is the easiest solution to password recovery for Office documents. It is to recover MS Word password and MS Excel password easily, safely and efficiently. This password cracker supplies three attack modes to ensure the password recovery. Additionally, you are easy to remove both the "password to open" and "password to edit", making it possible for you not only to open but to modify the document. Functions as a Word password breaker and an Excel password finder, it is super easy to use. Just give the full path of your Word or Excel to the program and with a mouse click to the "Start" button on the program will be ok. There is no related knowledge required, even a kid can manipulate successfully.
More Products to Consider
- Recover or remove all versions of Microsoft Word passwords.
- Recover read-only passwords for Microsoft Office Word.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Recover lost or forgotten passwords in most Windows application...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Recover lost passwords in Mozilla Firefox.
- Recover lost passwords for Microsoft Word and Excel files.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- View and recover passwords and other critical information for v...
- Recover Microsoft Excel passwords on your Windows PC.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Recover or remove password for MS Office 97 to 2010.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Recover/remove all versions of Microsoft Word passwords.
- Open protected Microsoft Word and Excel documents without a pas...
- Recover your lost or forgotten passwords.
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Manage Windows password hashes (LM, NTLM, and MSCash).
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Recover passwords for Office documents.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Can't meet the competition; better solutions available"
Version: Office Password Unlocker 5.0
One more shareware program that does not allow you unlocking your document until you buy a full version. Even if money is paid, there's a very slim possibility that your password will be recovered unless it is short (or you have that Berkley supercomputer at your disposal). I recommend using a freeware programs like Free Word Excel password recovery Wizard that can be found on this site, or if you effeciency and urgency is more inportant to you (or you have a Word or Excel 2007/2010 document), dealing with some online service like www.password-find.com - they use their own powerful hardware and can unlock documents with strongest passwords within a few seconds.
"Poor Performance and Horrible Graphical Interface"
Version: Office Password Unlocker 5.0
It will solve Excel passwords of three characters with ease.
The User Interface = horrible. If you have switchable graphics and unplug your computer, you will no longer be able to see the interface--just a blank screen. If you stop and try to change the settings to fast, the screen will lock up and task manager will say its waiting on input from you.
The words on the screen are cutoff and short and you can not read the entire field description or update.
Also, it will stay on the same percentage complete. I let it run for 22 hours it updated the number of passwords, but the percentage stalled at .0209% because I paused and started it again.
Furthermore, i went to do something else on the computer and it froze after the 22 hours and just died on me.
Dictionary/Mask attack does not allow you to do a "contains" with a set pattern.
I am using an i7 Quadcore processor with 8GB Ram and a Switchable 1GB GPU. According to its own measure it does about 1000 passwords per second, but even this is not easy to read because the GUI is so messed up.
I wish I could get my money back. This was a horrible application to spend my money on in terms of the user interface and I have not been able to benefit at all from the password cracking ability. Unless you are doing small passwords be prepared for this application to take weeks to crack a password where you only know limited data and not sure of the exact size of the password above 5 characters.