From Carsten Bluem:
Mail, like almost all Cocoa applications on Mac OS X, offers text completion, which can be invoked by hitting either F5 or Esc. When it was introduced, it offered completions based on the list of words from the mail you were typing. Unfortunately, somewhen Apple decided that it would be smart to use the system dictionary for completion. From that day on, using the completion in Mail.app meant to have to scroll through an endless list of words to finally get to the one you wanted. In other words: it slowed typing down instead of making it faster. And it was (and is) absolutely useless when writing in a language that's not your system language.
Enter Ofaco. The name "Ofaco" stands for "Old-fashioned completion", which says it all: it's a plugin for Mail.app that replaces Mail's dictionary-based completion mechanism with one that uses the words from the message window from which it was invoked. Additionally, I added a way to define default completions that will always be added to the completion list (and which, by the way, can not only contain words, but also phrases).
What's new in this version: Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7.5
More Products to Consider
- Read e-mail and news the way you want it, with intelligent junk...
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Take control of email attachments in Apple Mail.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Bulk e-mailer for sending personalized messages; track messages...
- Talk to all your friends with a single application.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Use more than one Skype account at once.
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- View Twitter's mobile site from your menu bar.
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks, pbx like features.
- Adds word auto-completion to scriptable apps.
- Automatically backup your mail from any IMAP-supported accounts...
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
- Pluginable translation dictionary.
- Spanish-English Dictionary.
- Localized version.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Attach metadata, due dates, projects, priorities to email.