CNET Editors' review
Norton 360 is the top of Symantec's new line of premium anti-virus tools. Like its stablemates, Norton 360 offers real-time protection from a host of existing and emerging threats, including viruses, malware, phishing, corrupt downloads, and online scams. It protects your e-mail, social media sites, mobile devices, Cloud-based resources, and even your family. And Norton 360 also includes 24/7 technical support as part of its subscription price -- something free anti-virus tools can't match. You can install Norton 360 on three separate PCs, too, so it can protect your home network or other family members' computers (with help from Parental Controls). But Norton 360 goes further still with automatic backups and other enhancements. In fact, you might say that Norton 360 not only does more but does more for you, too.
If you're upgrading or already have a Norton account, Norton 360 practically installs itself. There's a lot going on behind the attractive, easy-to-navigate user interface, but plenty of assistance is available by clicking "Support" to access Support Contacts, Help files, Tutorials, and lots more. Under Tasks, we could choose from an impressive page full of tools and processes. Clicking any feature's tile exposed details, settings, and extras like the Identity Safe (local and online versions, actually) as well as Tuneup features like the Startup Manager and Disk Optimization. Once your system is protected, spend some time setting up any extras you need, such as Norton Family's parental controls or the My Network management tool.
Since it flagged our PC as At Risk, we let Norton 360 update itself and then apply Security, Identity, Backup, and Tuneup protection (like we said, it does most things automatically). We always run a full baseline scan with a new anti-virus tool. Norton's full system scan takes a while and looks at everything, though the next scan finishes faster. You can choose Quick and Custom scans, too. Sure, freeware offers similar basic protection, but few tools at any price can match Norton 360's comprehensive care. It protects your identity, privacy, and security while you surf, shop, and bank online.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Norton 360 6.0. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
Norton 360 delivers all-in-one security for everything the computer users in your family care about, providing automatic and transparent protection from viruses, spyware, fraudulent Web sites, phishing scams, intrusions, and the latest online threats. With a renewable subscription, up to three PCs in your household are continuously protected, safeguarding your family when they shop or bank online, play games, send email, or download files. Norton 360 also helps keep your PCs tuned for peak performance. Plus, it protects the data on them by making it easy to automatically back up and restore important files locally or to a secure online storage service. Requires high-speed Internet access. 2 GB of online storage included, with option to purchase more.
What's new in this version:
- Resolved the lost Internet connection when installing Norton on Windows 8
- Fixed issue where a New Folder is created in outlook whenever outlook is opened with Norton Anti-Spam enabled
- Resolved the error seen when trying to open Support page through NAV Main UI
More Products to Consider
- Stop online threats without slowing down your PC.
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Surf, bank, and shop online without interruption.
- Get full antimalware protection in a silent, non-intrusive way ...
- Eliminate deeply embedded and difficult to remove crimeware.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your Internet-connected family against virus, hackers, ...
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Keep your system safe from the latest threats.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Refresh embedded graphic resources in a .NET assembly.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 394 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Love Norton Always"
Version: Norton 360 184.108.40.206
Doesn't slow down the computer
Monitor Performance and gives you weekly update
Always ask you before making a decision which is not what Bit-defender does.
Live Update may be slow at times but usually takes very little time
Tittle Says it all. I love Norton. Never gives me problems. It has good monitoring and doesn't slow down the computer.